Bacon cheese dip baked to creamy, cheesy perfection! This one is perfect for hungry sports fans and you can bake it in a dish or in a bread bowl!
I’ve mentioned before that I’m a huge fan of dips, but I’m not sure if I properly conveyed my deep love and affection for a good dip.
You see, dips are so creamy and cheesy and dippy. They are fun to eat and are generally filled with some of my favorite things. Dips are fun. They take me to my happy place.
So, please, don’t tell me that it was wrong that my kids and I ate this bacon cheese dip, and only this dip, for lunch yesterday. It has four major food groups in it! Dairy, protein, grains, and vegetables! Mother of the year!
How to make bacon cheese dip:
Start by dicing and cooking your bacon. You will need 7 strips of bacon for this recipe.
Add the bacon and some shredded Monterey Jack and shredded Parmesan cheese to a mixing bowl with some mayo, onion, garlic, and red chili flakes.
Mix it up and bam. You’re ready to bake.
You can either bake this in a small cast iron skillet, an 8×8 baking dish, or a bread bowl. All options are tasty.
Tips for this recipe:
If you decide to bake this recipe in a bread bowl, I recommend a King’s Hawaiian loaf. Just carefully hollow out the center. Save the bread pieces for dipping!
You can microwave your bacon and then chop it up, if you find that easier than frying bacon on the stove.
Substitutions for this bacon cheese dip:
- Cheese Switch things up by swapping out the monterey jack for cheddar or swiss!
- Bacon Sausage would make a great swap for the bacon in this recipe!
- Veggies Feel free to pack in some minced bell peppers to bulk this up a bit!
Try more of our dip recipes:
This refried bean dip is one of our most popular dip recipes…just be careful. It’s addictive. 😉
White cheese dip is my personal favorite, because queso, duh!
At parties it seems like we are always asked for my recipe for the best spinach artichoke dip!
Hot Bacon Cheese Dip
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 7 bacon strips diced and fried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red chili flakes, more to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture into a small cast iron skillet or 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with crackers and vegetables, for dipping.
Tips & Notes:
This recipe was originally published in June 2010. It was updated with new pictures in November 2019.