Our HAM AND CHEESE PINWHEELS are a nice and easy appetizer that’s loaded with ham, swiss, and Dijon mustard. Big flavors, minimal work, and everyone gobbles these up!
Our ham and cheese pinwheels are so easy to make with a soft, flaky crescent roll dough, deli ham, plenty of swiss, and a mixture of cream cheese and Dijon to add big flavor and extra creamy goodness.
Serve these up hot, warm, or even at room temperature. You really can’t go wrong either way.
What Readers are Saying!
“I plan to make these for my Super Bowl party. I wanted to practice making them before then, so I made a batch last night. Super easy and delicious. I also made a batch with pepperoni and those turned out great too!” – Ruth Leslie
How to make ham and cheese pinwheels:
Stir together your cream cheese and Dijon mustard until well combined. We use stone ground Dijon, but your favorite Dijon will work just fine.
Roll out your crescent roll dough sheet on a clean work surface and spread out the cream cheese mixture on top of it.
Dough Sheets Vs. Crescent Rolls
Pillsbury sells crescent dough sheets right next to the crescent rolls and we love them! If you can’t find them, go ahead and use crescent rolls. The only difference is that you’ll need to pinch the seams together to form a solid sheet of dough.
Place the ham in a single layer on the cream cheese. We use 1/4 pound of deli ham for this recipe.
Sprinkle grated swiss cheese over the top of the whole thing. Feel free to mix it up and use any cheese you like.
Roll the dough up jelly roll style and slice off about 3/4 inch slices and put them on a baking sheet. We find it easiest to cut the dough in half, cut each half in half again, and then cut each piece into 3. Evenly sized pinwheels every time!
Bake for 9-10 minutes until golden.
These pinwheels are delicious hot, warm, or at room temp. We don’t love them from the fridge, so when making ahead you’ll want to prepare them, but not bake them until ready to serve.
You can add some little pieces of chopped bacon to this. Bacon makes everything better!
Feel free to swap out the Swiss for whatever you prefer.
More easy appetizers:
- Veggie tortilla roll-ups
- Mac and cheese potato skins
- Turkey and swiss pull apart bread
- Homemade queso dip
- Fried green tomatoes
Ham and Swiss Pinwheels
- 1 tube crescent roll dough sheet
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 ounces deli sliced ham
- 2 ounces swiss cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent dough sheet on a clean work surface. If you're using crescent rolls that have the seams for tearing apart, pinch the seams together to form one sheet of dough.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese and dijon mustard until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent dough. Place the ham in a single layer over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with the swiss cheese.
- Roll the dough up jelly roll style. Slice into 12 equally sized pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.