These Halloween pretzel rods are the perfect treat for your Halloween party! Easy enough for the kids and fun to decorate!
We’re gearing up for our annual Halloween party and these little Halloween pretzel rods are definitely making an appearance!
So cute to eat (and those are pumpkin spice candy melts!!) and fun to make – the kids LOVE these and this is exactly my speed when it comes to decorating. Not at all fussy or messy and takes just long enough to keep the kids entertained but not so long that they get bored and walk off. 😉
We used pumpkin spice candy melts, which we found at Michael’s, but you can really use any flavor or color of candy melts that you want and you’d end up with a fun variety of pretzel rods!
We’ll be whipping up a batch of our Halloween Brownies too! Another fun one that the kids can help with.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pretzel Rods – You can use any brand of pretzel rods like Utz or Snyder’s. They are perfect for dipping and the salty flavor contrasts nicely with the sweet candy melt coating.
Candy Melts – We used Pumpkin Spice flavored candy melts, found at Michaels, but you can use any flavor you like. Orange, black, green, and purple vanilla flavored candy melts are easy to find in most stores or on Amazon and make a fun Halloween presentation.
Decorations – Just about any Halloween themed decoration works here. We like the edible eyes, spooky sprinkles, and candy corn! Some Halloween confetti is another great choice.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- This is a simple recipe with just two main ingredients (pretzels, candy melts) and as many decorations as you want!
- These Halloween pretzel rods are perfect for parties and gatherings!
- The kids can do this with very minimal supervision!
How to Make Dipped Pretzel Rods:
Melt: To get started line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and then start melting the candy melts according to the package instructions. Be careful not to overheat or the coating won’t be smooth and shiny.
To keep the dipping process easy and mess free melt the candy in a tall glass that’ll fit the pretzels for dipping.
Dip: Dip the pretzel rods one at a time into the candy melts and lay them on a parchment lined baking sheet. We like to dip and then decorate immediately, for best results.
Decorate: You’ll want to start decorating immediately after dipping the pretzel roads as they’ll start to set quickly. You can use any combination of decorations in any style you like!
With some edible eyes and sprinkles for the hair you can make a creepy looking pretzel figure that make perfect Halloween party treats!
Some candy corn with purple and black sprinkles looks a bit like a Witch’s finger! Get as creative as you want with these Halloween pretzel rods.
After decorating you’ll want to let them set for 1 to 2 hours to firm up before serving!
You can store these Halloween pretzel rods once they are completely dry. Store them in a tight container or bag in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Pretty much any small Halloween candy decorations will work here. You can make figures out of candy eyes and sprinkles or just load them up with lots of orange and black colored candies and sprinkles. Decorate these pretzel rods any way you like!
MORE HALLOWEEN TREATS!
- Halloween Crack
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Bombs
- Homemade Butterfingers
- Spider Cookies
- Halloween Crunch Bars
Halloween Pretzel Rods
- 6 ounces candy melts see notes
- 18-20 pretzel rods
- Decorations such as edible eyes, sprinkles, and candy corn
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the candy melts according to package directions. Do not overheat. For easy dipping, melt the candy melts in a tall glass that the pretzels will fit in.
- Dip the pretzels in the candy melts about half to three-quarters of the way down. Place the dipped pretzels on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Immediately decorate each pretzel as it’s been dipped.
- Let set for 1-2 hours to firm up before serving.
Leave a Review