Halloween Crunch Bars are loaded with gooey marshmallows, crunchy Chex cereal, and lots of colorful sprinkles and candies. We love these easy little Halloween treats this time of year!
I was roaming around Target the other day, as one does, when I came across a bag of green, orange, and purple m&m candies.
I’m sorry, but I can not pass up holiday themed m&m’s. It just doesn’t happen. Ever.
So, never mind the fact that I have approximately 33 bags of candy in my baking cabinet, just waiting to be tossed into something delicious, I had to buy the Halloween mix m&m’s. It would have bee irresponsible not to.
Of course, I also had about 33 boxes of cereal lurking in my pantry that needed to be put to use as well, sooooo these Halloween Crunch Bars were born.
These are so gooey, crunchy, and fun. I love them and make them with different colors for every holiday!
It feels wrong to say this, but I think I actually like Chex in these marshmallow cereal bars more than the traditional Rice Krispies cereal.
The Chex is so much more crisp and the marshmallow is extra gooey.
How to make Halloween Crunch Bars:
You’ll start by melting some butter and marshmallows in a large pot. Isn’t this how all delicious things start?
Remove the goo from the heat and stir in Chex cereal. I use Rice Chex, but whatever variety you like best should work fine.
Give that mix a quick stir and then toss in some sprinkles and m&m’s.
Press the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and let it set for about an hour to firm up.
These bars are so crunchy and gooey, you’re going to love them!
Halloween Brownies: Loaded with candy, because it’s HALLOWEEN!
Rice Krispy Treat Pumpkins: Totally adorable and the kids can help!
Caramel Apple Blondies: If you love caramel apples, you’ve got to try these blondies!
Mini Bat Treats: Seriously cute and creepy all at once.
Homemade Butterfingers: Make your favorite Halloween candy at home this year!
Halloween Crunch Bars
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- When butter is fully melted stir in the marshmallows and continue cooking and stirring until just melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the Chex cereal to coat in the marshmallow mixture.
- Add the m&m candies and sprinkles to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Press mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish and use a piece of wax paper sprayed with non-stick spray to press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Let set for 1 hour to firm up before cutting into 12 bars.
- Store tigthly covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.