COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS are soft, moist, and topped off with streusel and a simple glaze! We think these muffins are the best way to start the day. Grab your coffee and enjoy!
There is just something about whipping up a batch of muffins that makes me feel like the perfect mom.
It seems like such a loving mom thing to do, you know?
These blueberry streusel muffins are a serious favorite around our house. I earn major mom points every time I make them.
I knew a coffee cake muffin would be a big hit too – and I was definitely not wrong. 😉
How to Make:
Start by making the streusel. This will give it time to dry out a bit as you prepare the muffins.
You’ll just stir together melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour until combined.
To make the muffins, stir together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt) and then make a well in the center.
Stir together the wet ingredients (oil, milk, egg, and vanilla) and then pour that right into the well.
Mix the batter with a fork until combined, but don’t overmix. The batter should be a bit lumpy.
Scoop the batter into a lined muffin tin. We use a large cookie scoop to get evenly sized muffins every time.
Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the top and bake the muffins.
You can stop there and just enjoy the muffins as they are…but why not add a simple powdered sugar glaze??
I love a good glaze myself.
This one is easy – just stir together cream and powdered sugar until it’s as thick as you’d like and drizzle it over the top of your muffins.
- Chocolate Chips
- Cinnamon Chips
- Chopped Pecans
- Let muffins cool to room temperature.
- Freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour.
- Transfer muffins to a zip top bag and squeeze out as much air as possible.
- Freeze for up 2 months.
- Reheat in the microwave for 1 minute.
More breakfast favorites!
- Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- Baked Apple Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Belgian Waffle
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
Coffee Cake Muffins
For the streusel topping:
- ¾ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
For the muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
To make the streusel:
- Add all of the streusel ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Set aside to dry out as you prepare the muffins.
To make the muffins:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the center.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into the well and stir together with a fork. Do not overmix. The batter should be a bit lumpy.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle with the streusel.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes before glazing.
To make the glaze:
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and cream, adding additional powdered sugar or cream to reach the consistency you prefer.
- Drizzle over the cooled muffins.