Christmas Mint Oreo Fudge is a creamy fudge made with mint Oreos, white chocolate chips, and lots of red and green M&M’s! Perfect for gifting this holiday season!
It’s hard to believe that Christmas is almost here again! It can be a stressful time of the year but I think all the sweet Christmas treats make it worth it. My favorite holiday treat is probably fudge.
It’s rich and creamy and you can make it in lots of different ways. I usually stick to my chocolate peanut butter fudge or our standard Oreo fudge recipe, but I thought I’d make things a little more festive this year.
That’s where the mint Oreo cookies come in! They’re colorful and have just the right amount of minty flavor. The soft chocolatey fudge and the crunchy chopped cookie textures work really well together too.
I mix in some red and green M&M candies too for even more color and texture. This one is perfect for holiday cookie trays and gift giving!
What We Love About This Recipe:
- Colorful: The green mint filling in the Oreo cookies along with the M&M candies and green food coloring turn this fudge into a colorful Christmas treat!
- Textures: Smooth chocolatey fudge mixed with the chopped crunchy Oreo cookies is a wonderful combination of textures.
- No-Bake: This is a simple no bake dessert recipe. Just some quick melting of the chocolate in the microwave and then letting the fudge chill and set for a couple hours in the fridge!
Christmas Mint Oreo Fudge
- 16 Mint Oreo Cookies
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract see notes
- 1 tablespoon green food coloring
- 1/3 cup red and green M&M’s
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Break or chop the Oreo cookies into small pieces.
- Add the white chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring each time, until melted. It should take around 2 minutes.
- Stir well to ensure the white chocolate is melted. Stir in the vanilla and green food coloring. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the Oreo pieces.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the M&M candies over the top of the fudge and lightly press to help them adhere to the fudge.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Lift the fudge from the baking dish by pulling up the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and slice into squares.
Tips & Notes:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
White Chocolate Chips – You’ll want to use good quality white chocolate chips in this recipe.
Sweetened Condensed Milk – This will add sweet creamy flavor to the fudge and it’ll also help to bind the other ingredients together. Be sure not to use evaporated milk here – we want sweetened condensed milk.
Mint Oreo Cookies – We’re loading this Christmas fudge up with lots of chopped mint Oreo cookies! It’ll add just the right amount of minty goodness.
Butter – You’ll need some unsalted room temperature butter. If all you have is salted butter, that will work fine.
Vanilla Extract – We like to keep the mint flavor to the Oreo cookies, so we flavor the fudge itself with vanilla extract. If you’d like the base of the fudge to be minty as well, try swapping in peppermint extract.
Green Food Coloring – In keeping with the mint and Christmas theme I’m adding some green food coloring to the fudge. It’s optional if you don’t want to use it but it’s an easy way to make this fudge pop!
Red & Green M&M’s – Yes, you can buy just red and green colored M&Ms! They’re perfect for Christmas themed treats and that’s exactly what we’ll be using them for in this Christmas fudge recipe.
How to Make Mint Oreo Fudge:
Melt: Add the white chocolate along with the condensed milk and butter to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in for about 2 minutes in short 20 second bursts so that you don’t burn it. Stir each time until the chocolate has melted! Stir in the vanilla extract and green food coloring. Continue stirring until the green chocolate mixture is smooth!
Oreos: Start folding all those chopped mint Oreo pieces into the fudge.
Pour: Now that you’ve got the fudge mixture ready you can pour it into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the red and green M&M candies over the top and lightly press them into the mix so they’ll stick.
Chill & Serve: Now all that’s left to do is cover the pan with some plastic wrap and place the mint Oreo fudge into the fridge to chill. It’ll take at least 2 hours to properly set.
After chilling lift the fudge from the baking dish by pulling up the parchment paper or foil. Place it on a cutting board and slice it into squares! This should make about 16 pieces depending on how large you slice them.
Tips & Tricks for the Best Fudge:
Keep these simple tips in mind when preparing the fudge to get the best results:
- Oreos: Don’t crush the cookies into dust! You just need to chop them up or crumble them up into small but not fine pieces. This gives a nice contrast in textures in the fudge.
- Melting: It’s easy to burn chocolate in the microwave when you’re melting it so just make sure to closely watch it and not overheat. Stir every 20 seconds or so.
- Parchment Paper: Don’t skip using the parchment paper or aluminum foil! It’ll make removing the fudge from the pan a lot simpler.
- Slicing: The fudge will be easier to slice when into squares after it has chilled completely. You can use hot water to heat up the knife before slicing and it’ll cut through a lot easier.
For this recipe you’re going to want to use the best quality white chocolate chips you can find and afford.
You can keep this Christmas mint Oreo fudge stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week or up to a couple of weeks in the fridge!
This fudge does freeze well. Wrap it tightly in plastic or foil and place in a freezer safe container to freeze for up to a few months.