These SUGAR COOKIE BARS are packed full of red, white, and blue sprinkles and topped off with a simple buttercream frosting and more colorful sprinkles. Perfect for your Fourth of July BBQ!
My husband is a total cookie monster.
He eats them for breakfast just about every morning, which means that as soon as our cookie jar empties out, he starts getting a little antsy.
Of course, he also wants bacon and eggs or biscuits and gravy to go along with his cookies, but whatever. 😉
You just spread it in a pan, bake, and boom. Done.
Did I mention that these sugar cookie bars have sprinkles inside the cookie part? They’re so cute!
How to make these sugar cookie bars:
We’re going to whip up our cookie dough using some pretty standard ingredients: butter, sugar, egg, flour, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder.
The secret ingredient here is the cream cheese. It makes these soft and rich. So good!
You’ll also stir some red, white, and blue sprinkles into your dough. Festive and fun!
Spread the batter into a foil lined half sheet pan and bake.
When the cookie bars are done baking and have completely cooled, spread on some frosting.
You have a couple options here for the frosting…you can use store-bought frosting. You’ll get no judgement from me. 😉
You could also use homemade buttercream. Either works great!
Add on a few more sprinkles, cut into bars, and serve!
I think these cookie bars will be the hit of your 4th of July get together! What a fun way to celebrate!
More 4th of July recipes:
4th of July Cookies: So easy and made with my FAVORITE cookie dough!
Broccoli Salad with Bacon: Perfect for serving at your cookout!
Crockpot Mac and Cheese: It’s not a cookout without mac and cheese, y’all. 😉
Turkey Burgers: If you’re grilling out, you’ve got to give these a try!
Firecracker Cake: Simply gorgeous!
Fourth of July Sugar Cookie Bars
For the cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons red, white, and blue sprinkles
- 2 cups frosting canned or homemade
- sprinkles for decorating
To make the cookie bars:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a half sheet pan (15x10x1) with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well incorporated.
- With your mixer turned to low, add in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, mixing until just combined. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Press the dough evenly into your prepared pan. The dough is sticky and it will look too thin, but it all works out. Just keep pressing it until you have an even layer over the entire baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until edges begin to turn golden.
- Cool completely before frosting and topping with additional sprinkles.