If you’ve ever wondered how to make risotto low carb, you’re going to love this cauliflower risotto recipe! It’s one of my favorite low carb side dishes!
You know how everyone is all about the cauliflower these days?
I’m all in for that.
I mean, no. It’s not going to replace my love for mashed potatoes. It’s most certainly not ever going to create a pizza crust that is better than the pizza I get from our local Casey’s. (Side note – you guys that don’t have Casey’s Pizza around are seriously missing out. It’s gas station pizza at it’s finest.) It makes a tasty cauliflower potato salad, if you’re into that sort of thing, though.
It’s a vegetable that I can doctor up in any number of ways and my kids almost always eat it. <— A true miracle.
In fact, I think the only way they won’t eat cauliflower is raw and dipped in ranch, which is weird, because ranch makes everything better.
I love having a big repertoire of low carb side dishes to keep dinners exciting. We all get tired of eating the same old thing night after night. This recipe fits the bill nicely.
This cauliflower risotto is creamy perfection.
I started with some bacon, because I feel like all good low carb recipes start with bacon.
I finished it with a splash of heavy cream and shaved Parmesan. I mean, how could I not?
If you, like me, hate ricing cauliflower, feel free to purchase a bag of cauliflower rice and start with a little short cut. Most grocery stores are carrying it now in the produce section and it’s seriously increasing the amount of cauliflower we eat.
I mean, ricing cauliflower isn’t hard. It’s just not a process I enjoy. To save time from doing it by hand, I use my food processor. (This is an affiliate link, which means that if you purchase from this link, I earn a few cents at no extra cost to you.) It makes the job quick, but it’s still easier just to buy it already riced. You do whatever works for you. 🙂
Serve this alongside my keto meatloaf for a tasty dinner!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the cauliflower into large florets and add to the bowl of a food processor. Process until you have rice sized chunks of cauliflower. Alternately, purchase a one pound package of riced cauliflower or chop the cauliflower by hand.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon to the skillet and fry until crisp, stirring often. Drain the grease.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower rice and chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the chicken broth has evaporated, about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, Parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper. Serve immediately.