Cauliflower risotto is one of those low carb side dishes that you’ll find yourself making again and again. It’s simple to make, so creamy, and absolutely delicious!
You know how everyone is all about the cauliflower these days?
I’m all in for that.
I mean, no. It’s not going to replace my love for mashed potatoes. It’s most certainly not ever going to create a pizza crust that is better than the pizza I get from our local Casey’s. (Side note – you guys that don’t have Casey’s Pizza around are seriously missing out. It’s gas station pizza at it’s finest.) It makes a tasty cauliflower potato salad, if you’re into that sort of thing, though.
In fact, I think the only way my kids won’t eat cauliflower is raw and dipped in ranch, which is weird, because ranch makes everything better.
This cauliflower risotto is creamy perfection.
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
I started with some bacon, because I feel like all good low carb recipes start with bacon.
I finished it with a splash of heavy cream and shaved Parmesan. I mean, how could I not?
If you, like me, hate ricing cauliflower, feel free to purchase a bag of cauliflower rice and start with a little short cut. Most grocery stores are carrying it now in the produce section and it’s seriously increasing the amount of cauliflower we eat.
I mean, ricing cauliflower isn’t hard. It’s just not a process I enjoy. To save time from doing it by hand, I use my food processor.
Serve this alongside my keto meatloaf for a tasty dinner!
How to make this cauliflower risotto recipe:
Chop cauliflower into large florets and add to a food processor. Process until the cauliflower becomes similar to rice sized pieces.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon to the skillet and fry until crisp, stirring often. Drain the grease.
Add garlic to the skillet and cook for a minute. Garlic burns easy, so keep a close eye on this!
Add the cauliflower and chicken broth to the skillet. Stir to combine.
After the skillet starts to boil, reduce to a simmer and cover for five minutes.
Remove the lid and continue cooking until the chicken broth has evaporated. This should take about 5 more minutes.
Stir in the heavy cream, parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
I love having a big repertoire of low carb side dishes to keep dinners exciting. We all get tired of eating the same old thing night after night. This recipe fits the bill nicely.
More cauliflower recipes to try:
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole: You know that loaded potato casserole? This is that, but healthier.
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese: Cheesy perfection.
Cauliflower Au Gratin: Cauliflower and broccoli made amazing.
Cauliflower Breakfast Pizza: The best way to start your day!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the cauliflower into large florets and add to the bowl of a food processor. Process until you have rice sized chunks of cauliflower. Alternately, purchase a one pound package of riced cauliflower or chop the cauliflower by hand.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon to the skillet and fry until crisp, stirring often. Drain the grease.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower rice and chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the chicken broth has evaporated, about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, Parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper. Serve immediately.