These BAKED PUMPKIN DONUTS are topped with a simple maple glaze that really makes these donuts perfect for a fall morning. These are cake donuts (no yeast!) and they’re baked instead of fried, so you can have these on the table in about 30 minutes from start to finish.
As I type this, I’m sitting here with a pumpkin donut in one hand and a pumpkin spice latte in the other.
I’m living my best life, you guys!
These baked pumpkin donuts are so easy to make and just perfect for a chilly morning or an afternoon treat.
The maple glaze is super easy and seriously it’s the best maple glaze for donuts, if you ask me!
How to Make:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whisk together pureed pumpkin, egg, milk, and oil until smooth.
Add in flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and mix until combined. The mixture will be thick.
Spoon or pipe the mixture into a greased donut pan and bake.
Donut Pan: The donut pan is necessary to make these donuts. They will not hold their shape or bake properly if you try to pipe them onto a regular cookie sheet. We’ve used this donut pan for years.
I have loads of baked donut recipes so you should have no problem putting that pan to good use.
Another option would be to put the batter into a mini muffin tin and go for a donut hole vibe, but I haven’t done that and can’t advise on bake time or yield.
Maple Glaze For Donuts:
The maple glaze comes together so quickly with just a few ingredients: powdered sugar, maple syrup, milk, and maple extract.
Maple Syrup: Please use real maple syrup, NOT pancake syrup. We love this organic maple syrup and it’s a great price compared to what we see in the local stores.
Maple Extract: The maple extract isn’t strictly necessary, but it does give the glaze a much more pronounced maple flavor. If you don’t have it and don’t want to purchase it, just replace it with vanilla. If you really want to drive home that delicious maple flavor, grab a bottle of this!
- Place the batter into a baggie, snip off the tip, and pipe it into the donut pan.
- The donuts will have bumpy tops when they come out of the oven. Just flip the upside down and glaze the smooth bottoms for pretty donuts.
- If you don’t have pumpkin spice, substitute 1 teaspoon cinnamon + 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg + 1/4 teaspoon ginger + 1/8 teaspoon cloves.
More fall favorites!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Scones
- Apple Cobbler
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Keto Pumpkin Mousse
- Snickers Apple Salad
Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
For the donuts:
For the maple glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
For the donuts:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the milk, oil, egg, and pumpkin to a mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into the donut pan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the glaze.
- Dip the tops of each donut into the glaze and place on the prepared cooling rack to cool for 10 minutes to let the glaze set.