CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD is so moist, loaded with pumpkin flavor, and studded with chocolate chips. Serve slightly warm with a smear of butter for a delicious fall treat.
I’ve been slowly counting down the days until pumpkin season all year.
My kids count down until Christmas morning, I count down until it’s acceptable to admit that I’m eating a slice of pumpkin bread every morning.
The rules surrounding pumpkin recipes are weird, but people get awfully mad when you serve up pumpkin pancakes for breakfast in May.
Anyway, hooray for pumpkin season! Let’s make this chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe:
Add some flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
In a second bowl, add your pumpkin puree, eggs, and oil and whisk well to combine.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
Dump in some chocolate chips. You can use any variety that you prefer – milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate are all delicious in this pumpkin bread!
Spread into a loaf pan and pop it into the oven.
This pumpkin bread bakes in about an hour.
We like to smear salted butter on warm pieces of bread. That little bit of salt against the warm, soft, sweet bread is absolute heaven.
How to store pumpkin bread:
No matter how you choose to store your pumpkin bread, you’ll want to be sure to wrap it so that it’s air-tight or it will dry out.
Store your covered bread on the counter at room temperature for up 2 days.
Store your covered bread in the refrigerator for up to one week. You may rewarm slices of cold pumpkin bread in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
Slice your bread and wrap the slices individually and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight on the counter before eating.
More pumpkin recipes to try:
My favorite pumpkin recipe that I must make over and over every pumpkin season is pumpkin crunch cake. It’s simple, quick, and it’s always a hit.
This pumpkin dip is fun for dipping Nilla wafers, this pumpkin cake is made extra tasty with cream cheese frosting, and these pumpkin cheesecake bars look like you spent hours on them, but they’re actually quite simple.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the flour, brown sugar, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and baking powder to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- To a smaller bowl, add the pumpkin, oil, and eggs, Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips & Notes: