This INSTANT POT SHRIMP LO MEIN is so simple and so quick, thanks to the pressure cooker! Everything cooks together in the Instant Pot with a mix of fresh vegetables, shrimp, pasta, and a flavorful sauce!
We recently moved to a larger city that has quite a few more restaurant options than we’re used to and, well, it’s been amazing.
We’re still not eating inside restaurants much, but we have food delivered a few times a week and honestly, I love everything about it. I don’t have to put on my real pants (the stretchy pants are juuuuuust fine for dinner at home), I don’t have to drive anywhere, there is no clean up…but y’all. It’s expensive.
I’ve been trying to cut back on the take out and that’s where this easy Instant Pot recipe comes into play.
First, it’s Asian inspired, which is one of our go-to cuisines for take out!
Second, it’s quick, simple, and you basically just toss things in the Instant Pot and walk away.
Third, it’s got loads of flavor and my whole family loves it.
How to Make:
Add the sauce, which is a mix of soy sauce, hoisin, sriracha, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger, to the Instant Pot.
Add some thinly sliced carrots over the top.
Break dried linguine noodles in half and place those over the carrots.
Pour chicken broth over the top. Do not stir.
Pressure cook for 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
Remove the lid, stir in the shrimp, add in some broccoli, and put the lid back on the pot for 10 minutes to let the shrimp cook and broccoli soften up. The pasta will also soak up that glorious sauce.
Plate it up and serve with a sprinkling of cashews and green onions.
This is such an easy way to get dinner on the table!
- Leave everything layered together as it cooks – don’t stir!
- Do push the pasta down so that it’s mostly covered by the chicken broth.
- The sauce may seem thin when you first open the pot, but it will thicken up while the broccoli steams.
More asian inspired recipes!
Instant Pot Lo Mein
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 large carrots
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces small shrimp peeled and devined
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- cashews and green onions for garnish
- Whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin, garlic, ginger, sriracha, and brown sugar. Pour into the Instant Pot liner.
- Peel and slice the carrots into matchsticks. Place in the pot.
- Break the linguine in half and place on top of the carrots.
- Pour the chicken broth over the pasta and press the pasta down to cover with the broth. Do not stir.
- Cover and set the vent to sealing. Pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release the pressure and stir the shrimp into the noodles. Add the broccoli to the pot. Cover and let set for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir to combine.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and top each serving with green onions and cashews.