This blueberry muffin bread recipe is so soft and moist and just loaded with fresh blueberries! If you love soft, moist blueberry muffins, you’ll love a slice of this blueberry muffin bread!
I love making easy blueberry muffins in the morning. I mean, it’s like cake. For breakfast.
And errbody knows that blueberries are a superfood. I don’t exactly know what a superfood is, or why there is no space between the two words (Hello, grammar, where are you?), but they are a big deal apparently.
So, let’s just get on the superfood blueberry train. But let’s skip the muffins and head straight to a loaf of bread.
This blueberry muffin bread is seriously so good! A slice of this, a smear of butter, a cup of coffee…what more could you need at breakfast??
How to make blueberry muffin bread:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grease a 9×5 loaf pan. We use a ceramic pan, but a metal loaf pan works just well.
Cream together butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy and then beat in an egg and vanilla.
Mix in the dry ingredients and then fold in the blueberries. Use a rubber spatula to fold the blueberries in gently, so as not to break them up too much.
Spread the batter into the pan and bake for about an hour. Your house is going to smell amazing.
Making the glaze:
The glaze is completely optional, but we love the the little touch of sweetness it adds.
You’ll just whisk together powdered sugar and milk until it’s the consistency you prefer. Add more powdered sugar to make it thicker and more milk to make it thinner.
More blueberry recipes for you to try!
- Blueberry breakfast cake
- Peach Blueberry Crisp
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Blueberry Pie Cookies
- Blueberry Granola Gratin
- Blueberry Muffin Waffles
- Blueberry Honey Bun Cake
- Glazed Blueberry Baked Donuts
Blueberry Muffin Bread
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Add your batter to the greased loaf pan and spread evenly
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a butter knife inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or cutting board. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. Add more milk if you’d like the glaze thinner.
- Drizzle over the bread before cutting.
Leave a Review