I love foil packet meals and these baked ranch pork chops and potatoes are perfect for this method of cooking! The potatoes are so tender and the pork chops so flavorful! You’re going to love the easy clean up, too.
Did anyone else grow up eating Shake ‘n Bake pork chops every week?
I honestly don’t think we had pork chops any other way.
And you know what? They were delicious.
Do they still make Shake ‘n Bake? I haven’t had it in years, but now that I’m thinking about, I might have to look for a box and give it a try. I’m sure the kids would love it as much as I did!
Today though, I made one of our favorite foil packet dinners!
I love foil packet meals because they tend to be so easy. My son loves them because he’s the dishwasher and clean up is easy on these too!
I filled my foil packets with pork chops and potatoes and everything came out so full of flavor.
Pork Chop Seasoning:
To season the pork chops, I wanted to keep things as simple as possible with as much flavor as possible.
Obviously I turned to my beloved ranch seasoning mix.
I’m sorry, okay? I’m addicted to the stuff.
I doctored it up a bit with some paprika.
This pork chop seasoning is great – it’s salty and full of garlic, but it also gets a nice hit of sweetness from the paprika.
This is a really great seasoning for pork chops.
Foil packet potatoes:
For the potatoes, I wanted to keep things fairly simple.
Since the pork chops are coated in ranch, I definitely wanted flavors that would pair well and I didn’t want to go too heavy on the salt.
A simple mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper worked perfectly!
These potatoes get so steamy and tender in the foil packets and the juice from the pork soaks in. So good!
Pork chops and potatoes are perfect for busy nights!
This is one of those recipes that the whole family loves. It’s simple and quick and just tastes like home to us.
Stick a pan of roasted vegetables in the oven with these ranch pork chops and you’ll have a complete meal!
I think your family will love this one too! Especially if you serve my Nutella brownies for dessert!
If you make this recipe, please be sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram. Tag it #bunsinmyoven so I see it! You can also join my Facebook group and share your creations there!
These easy baked pork chops look like a dinner winner too!
Baked Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes Foil Packets
- 1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 packet ranch seasoning powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Tear off 4 12x12 pieces of tinfoil and set aside.
- Quarter the potatoes and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Stir together the ranch powder and paprkia and sprinkle on each side of the pork chops.
- Divide the potatoes evenly into fourths and place in the center of each piece of foil. Top with a pork chop and a pat of butter.
- Fold the edges of the foil in and roll tightly to seal. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Carefully open the foil packets and serve.