Cookies and Cream Cheesecake

cookies and cream cheesecake

My husband has always been a big fan of cookies and cream ice cream and cheesecake, and I’ve always been a big fan of making him food that he loves. It’s only taken me nine years of marriage to come up with the idea of combining his favorite ice cream with his favorite dessert.

I was both pleasantly surprised and quite dismayed to realize that cookies and cream cheesecake is quite possibly the best dessert out there. Pleasantly surprised because I’m normally not a fan of cookies and cream unless it’s just a plain ol’ Oreo and dismayed because I couldn’t stop sneaking into the kitchen to take just one more bite. This cheesecake is dangerous. That’s okay though, because life is pretty boring without a bit of danger.

cookie crust

The crust is made out of Oreo crumbs and melted butter. I won’t judge you if you feel the need to double the crust recipe and eat the extra half with a spoon. Oreos and butter go together surprisingly well.

add cookies to batter

The cheesecake whips up quickly  and then you just crumble up some more Oreos and stir them in. Pour the batter onto your crust and imagine how many points you are earning by making your husband such a yummy dessert.

And let’s face it, I need the extra points after making him search high and low for a missing Christmas gift the other night. After we searched every closet, under every bed, out in both vehicles, and he listened to me wonder aloud if robbers had broken in to steal just one single gift from my bedroom closet, he finally said “It’s not already wrapped and under the Christmas tree, is it?”

He just shook his head and hugged me when I told him that yes, yes it was under the tree the whole time.

He deserves the cheesecake, okay?

bake the cheesecake

After you smooth the batter over the crust, it bakes in just 30-40 minutes. The hard part is waiting the 3 plus hours for it to cool in the fridge. I left mine in the fridge overnight to be sure it was completely set and chilled through. There’s nothing worse than warm cheesecake.

oreo cheesecake

This piece is for me.

eat the cheesecake

And it was darn good, too.

Cookies and Cream Cheesecake

• 1 package of Oreo cookies
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 3 packages cream cheese (24 ounces total), room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 eggs

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Using a food processor, blender, or rolling pin, crush 28 Oreo cookies into crumbs.  Pour into parchment paper lined 9 x 13 pan and pour melted butter on top of cookie crumbs. Stir to coat all the cookie crumbs with butter and press into the pan to form the crust. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.

2. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing just until blended.

3. Crumble remaining Oreos with your fingers and add to cheesecake mixture. Stir together to combine and pour over cookie crust. Smooth the batter and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the edges are set but the center is still slightly jiggly. Cool on a wire rack and then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.

20 Responses to “Cookies and Cream Cheesecake”

1. kimberly/tippytoes December 3, 2009 @ 4:04 pm (#

It looks yummy!

2. Anna December 3, 2009 @ 5:51 pm (#

There’s a chocolate chip cheesecake dip out there, too. It looks like (well, it is) a cheesball, and it is excellent with those graham cracker sticks.

Personally, I have pumpkin cheesecake this week. Storebought. My personal attempt was gross.

3. grace December 4, 2009 @ 11:15 am (#

this is, without a doubt, the most compelling way to get me to eat oreos. it looks and sounds absolutely heavenly–i can’t believe you were able to hold out overnight! :)

4. Stephanie December 4, 2009 @ 11:23 am (#

O.M.G. what I would give for a slice of this cheesecake!

5. Barbara December 5, 2009 @ 5:22 am (#

Oh my! What a fabulous cheesecake- and so easy to make too!

6. Karine December 6, 2009 @ 11:18 am (#

Your cheesecake looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing :)

7. Julie @ Willow Bird Baking December 6, 2009 @ 5:50 pm (#

Looks so delicious! I want a piece! :) Subscribing to your beautiful blog now!

8. Mariko December 6, 2009 @ 5:56 pm (#

Wow. Wow. Wow. I’m totally drooling. I think I need to buy some Oreos stat.

9. megan December 7, 2009 @ 8:30 am (#

oh that looks so good! I love cookies and cream anything. And your pictures are beautiful :)

10. Simone (junglefrog) December 8, 2009 @ 10:28 am (#

O wow, yes, well, I can believe that that would be incredibly good! It looks fantastic and I do love cookies and cream, so this will be a winner!

11. Ashley December 23, 2009 @ 10:30 am (#

Aw haha well that’s good you were able to figure out where the present went! This cheesecake looks really yummy. Oreo ice cream has always been my favourite!

12. Malin January 8, 2010 @ 3:50 am (#

Is this what’s also known as Oreo cake?
    Either way – it looks delicios!
    (And yes, oreo & butter is a splendid combination)

13. Kirae May 30, 2010 @ 11:42 pm (#

Woman, I’ve been reading your blog for about 15 minutes and I’m totally in love. I am desperately wishing for a good oven to work with again so I can try these out! I love your attitude, keep doing what you do amazingly!

14. kwanster July 22, 2010 @ 6:00 am (#

oh my
    i love cheesecake but usually not a fan of flavoured cheesecake,
    but ur post might have just changed my mind!! and it looks so easy to make too!! looks fantastic!!
    one question: for the crust – do u only crush the biscuits of the oreo or u use the whole oreo biscuits including the white filling?

15. kwanster August 2, 2010 @ 10:22 pm (#

Hi Karly!
    thanks for answering my questions in my previous comment! I have gone to the supermarket and bought all the ingredients but i still have one question! In Australia, a package of oreo contains 2 standard pack of oreo biscuits – and that is about 28 biscuits in that package. im guessing i need more than that since i already need 28 biscuits to make up the base! would u be able to tell me how many biscuits did u use in the cream cheese mixture so i know how many to buy! :)
    thanks again!

16. Karly August 3, 2010 @ 6:49 am (#

Kwanster,

I believe I used around 5-10 cookies in the filling. I probably ate a few, so closer to 5 than 10. LOL

Hope that helps!

Karly

1. Pingback: Cookies and Cream Cheesecake » Jenn Cooks » Blog Archive

2. Pingback: Cookies & Cream (2008) | All Films Blog

3. Pingback: 80 Cheesecake Recipes - Something Swanky

4. Pingback: Cookies And Cream Cheesecake « Recipe « Zoom Yummy – Crochet, Food, Photography