So, uh, hi there.
It’s been awhile since I blogged. Like, 7 days or something.
Sorry about that.
I sorta bought season one of Pretty Little Liars and it sucked me in. I’ve spent the last 7 days laying on my couch watching these ridiculously pretty and overdressed teenaged girls make poor decisions. I would like to take this moment to ask my mother why she never purchased $300 sunglasses for her 16 year old daughter? Also, why was I never handed a hundred dollar bill to go have dinner with a friend?
I seriously missed out in high school.
To comfort myself I made some banana bread. With lots of chocolate. It’s pretty fab.
Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 bananas very ripe, mashed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Drizzle in oil and chocolate syrup. Beat in the mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- (I used 3 mini loaf pans and baked them for about 30 minutes.)
Leave a Review