I’m going to assume that you made the Chocolate Bread and Peanut Butter Spread from the other day, because I know you’re smart people. You wouldn’t pass up a chance to eat chocolate bread for breakfast, right? Especially when it’s smeared with a tangy peanut butter spread.
(And, fun alert! The name rhymes. Of course you made it!)
Since you probably have a piece or two of that wrapped up tight on your counter, I’m going to go ahead and share what I did for dessert the other night.
It was not a mistake.
Just don’t judge me for using whipped cream from a can, mkay? We all have our weaknesses.
Strawberry Chocolate Shortcake
- 4 slices Double Chocolate Bread
- 1 pound strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar more or less, depending on how sweet your berries are
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Toss the berries with the sugar and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Place the slices of chocolate bread on a plate and top with the strawberries (and some of the juice!) and whipped cream. Enjoy!
Leave a Review