This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s been a long, long time, my friends.
I’ve been out of the pancake game for awhile now. You see, when you write a cookbook devoted to pancake recipes, you eat a lot of pancake recipes. And, I mean, I love pancakes. That’s why I wrote a cookbook dedicated to them.
But, one can only eat so many pancakes over a short period of time before moving onto other delicious breakfast items. I’ve been on a savory breakfast kick for awhile now, actually. My homemade biscuits filled with cheesy scrambled eggs and my Mexican breakfast casserole have been in heavy rotation lately.
But, when Silk reached out and asked me to tell you guys about their new line of coffee creamers, I knew I was getting my pancake on. Coffee creamers are such a fun way to flavor pancakes!
I made super thick and fluffy pancakes (the only way to eat a pancake, if you ask me) that are loaded with vanilla flavor. I skipped the buttermilk in favor of Vanilla Silk Almond Creamer for a dairy free recipe that is pretty darn delicious. My kids couldn’t get enough of these pancakes!
Pair these pancakes with a cup of hot coffee, lightly sweetened with Silk Almond Creamer and you have a perfectly flavored breakfast. I love the warm, indulgent flavor of vanilla!
I’m totally back in the pancake game now, you guys. These were heavenly and oh so easy.
I added a little vanilla to warm maple syrup, which is an oh-so-simple step that really makes a difference in the finished product! I think you’re going to love these just as much as we did!
Strawberry Vanilla Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Silk Vanilla Almond Creamer
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the creamer, egg, and vegetable oil to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to pour batter onto pan. Batter will be thick.
- Cook 2 minutes or until bubbles form and pop. Flip and continue cooking until golden brown and cooked through.
- Heat maple syrup over low heat until warm. Stir in vanilla.
- Top pancakes with diced strawberries and vanilla maple syrup to serve.