My Strawberry Lemonade Vodka recipe make a whole pitcher! So fresh, sweet, and tart – made with fresh strawberries, juicy lemons, and our favorite vodka!
We’ve been on a cocktail kick this summer and nothing beats the refreshing goodness of a fresh squeezed lemonade – except maybe a fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade vodka!
The gorgeous color of this drink is enough to have me serving this all summer long, but once you take a sip you’ll really see what we’re talking about!
Fresh squeezed lemons, ripe strawberries, and a splash (or two…) of our favorite lemon vodka make this summer cocktail so refreshing.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vodka – We’re pretty in love with Deep Eddy Lemon vodka. It’s made with real lemon and a bit of sugar for a refreshing flavor. You could also use Tito’s or whatever plain vodka you like.
Simple Syrup – You’ll prepare a quick and easy homemade simple syrup with some granulated sugar and water. You could also use a bottled simple syrup, but making your own is simple and so much cheaper.
Strawberries – We’re using fresh strawberries here, though I imagine frozen would also work.
Lemons – You’ll need about four to five large lemons plus more for slices. All that fresh lemon juice is going to make the perfect vodka lemonade! If you like your lemonade even more tart, add more lemon juice.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- Refreshing: Nothing beats a cold glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade on a hot summer day…except for maybe a cold glass of strawberry lemonade that’s been spiked.
- Versatile: You can easily adjust this recipe to be sweeter or more tart, depending on your tastes. Just add more simple syrup or lemon juice until it tastes just right.
- Crowd-Pleaser: We regularly make this strawberry lemonade vodka for dinner parties and it’s always a hit with friends and family. That nostalgic flavor is a favorite.
- Made From Scratch: I’m not above buying a bottle of lemonade from the grocery store, but nothing beats homemade and this recipe is made from scratch.
How To Make Strawberry Lemonade Vodka From Scratch:
Simple Syrup: To get started you’ll prepare the simple syrup. Add the sugar and a half cup of water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and set it aside for now. That’s all there is to it, so don’t be intimidated.
Strawberries: Chop up the strawberries and add them to a blender or food processer and blend until it is nice smooth. Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the strawberries into a pitcher. A personal blender works great here.
We use our Breville food processor in all kinds of recipes! It makes short work of chopping veggies and many other other tasks. This is our favorite food processor because it is so heavy duty and it will last!
Lemons: Next start juicing the lemons into the pitcher with the strawberries. Along with the lemon juice add the remaining water and the vodka to the pitcher.
We like our lemonade fairly tart and tend to use around half the simple syrup and 5 large lemons. This recipe is very easy to adjust by using more simple syrup for a sweeter drink or more lemons for a tarter drink. You can also use more strawberry puree if you want a bolder strawberry flavor.
Freshly squeezed lime and lemon juice is useful in lots of recipes, and this tool makes it easy and mess free.
Finish: Add half of the simple syrup mixture to the pitcher, stir it up, and taste it. You can add more of the syrup as needed to make it as sweet as you like! Fill the pitcher up with some ice and serve it cold.
We like to garnish these refreshing mixed drinks with fresh strawberries and slices of lemon!
Fruit: Feel free to swap the strawberries for another berry of your choice, such as raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries! So many delicious options.
Tartness: This recipe is meant to be adjusted to suit your tastes and our recipe is just a starting point. Grab a couple of extra lemons from the store if you like it extra tart and just squeeze them right in. Like it sweeter? Add more simple syrup.
Liquor: My husband loves this recipe with coconut rum in place of the vodka. It adds a more tropical flavor and is perfect for a hot day by the pool!
Make Ahead & Storage:
This is one of those cocktails that you can easily make ahead during party prep!
Make our strawberry lemonade vodka up to 24 hours in advance and store in a sealed pitcher in the fridge. Stir well and add ice just before serving.
We’ve only made this with fresh strawberries, but frozen should work just fine!
Sure! You could easily turn this into raspberry vodka lemonade or blackberry vodka lemonade, or just about any other fruit or berry combo you can think of!
MORE MIXED DRINK RECIPES!
- Mojito Pitcher Recipe
- Margaritas on the Rocks
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- Keto Margaritas
- Vodka Collins
Strawberry Lemonade Vodka
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh chopped strawberries
- 4-5 large lemons plus more for garnish
- 1 cup Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka see notes
- Make the simple syrup by adding the sugar and ½ cup of water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Add the strawberries to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Strain into a pitcher using a fine mesh strainer.
- Juice the lemons and add to the pitcher with the pureed strawberries, along with the remaining 2 cups of water and vodka.
- Add half of the simple syrup to the pitcher, stir, and taste. Add additional simple syrup as needed to reach the desired level of sweetness. You may also squeeze in extra lemon, if you like it more tart.
- Fill the pitcher with ice and serve. Garnish with fresh strawberries and lemon slices, if desired.