These Ramen Chicken Salad Wraps are easy to make with a tangy dressing and wonderful crunchy textures all wrapped up with shredded chicken in a soft tortilla.
We have been on a major kick making wraps for lunch this summer.
Now you throw this ramen chicken salad wrap into the mix and it’s just all wraps, all the time. I can’t get enough!
This recipe is inspired by our ramen noodle salad, a recipe that I’ve eaten at potlucks since I was a tiny kid, but one that seems to have dropped in popularity over the years. I shared it again on our website to remind people of the goodness that is ramen salad and y’all seem to love it just as much as we do!
As soon I had the idea to put that goodness in a wrap, mixed with some shredded or chopped chicken, I wasn’t able to stop obsessing about it.
And now that I’ve made this and eaten, I still can’t stop obsessing! It’s so fresh and flavorful, with the perfect mix of textures, and a sweet and tangy dressing.
Table of Contents
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ramen Noodles – You’ll need one package of dry ramen noodles. You can use any flavor or brand you want! You will use the seasoning packet so use your favorite flavor!
Chicken – This recipe starts with already cooked, shredded chicken. Try my easy crockpot shredded chicken to make it ahead of time for recipes like this one. Or you can even just grab a rotisserie chicken from the store!
Coleslaw Mix – A single 8 ounce bag of coleslaw mix will make up the greens in this chicken salad wrap. You can use any brand you like.
Slivered Almonds – These add a wonderful crunchy texture to the wraps!
Sesame Seeds – These also add a bit of crunch, but also a great nutty flavor.
Green Onion – Some chopped green onion to get mixed in with the chicken salad.
Dressing – You’ll need sesame seed oil in the dressing – it adds an amazing flavor. You’ll also whisk in olive oil, vinegar, and sugar along with some of the seasoning packet from the package of ramen. to use in the dressing.
Flour Tortillas – You’ll need large flour tortillas for these wraps, but you could also use any flavored wrap, like spinach.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- Ramen noodles are cheap, filling, and so easy! This recipe is a great way to enjoy them in a new way.
- The crunchy textures from the noodles, almond, and sesame seed work perfectly with the chicken and tortilla. You’ll love the textures in these wraps!
- If you want to skip the tortillas and just eat the salad, you can! It’s basically the same recipe as my ramen noodle salad.
- The dressing is easy to customize – use less sugar for a less sweet version, more vinegar for more tang, and more or less of the seasoning packet depending on how salty you like things.
How to Make:
Mix: Add the coleslaw mix, shredded chicken, crumbled ramen noodles, slivered almonds, sesame seeds, and green onion to a bowl. Toss all that up until it is well combined.
Dressing: To preparing the dressing add the olive oil, sesame oil, vinegar, and sugar to a small bowl. You can sprinkle on as much (or little, or none!) of the ramen seasoning as you like. We like about a half of a packet. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until well combined. Finally, pour the dressing over the chicken salad in the mixing bowl and stir to coat.
Tortillas: Prepare your tortillas by warming them up in the microwave between a couple damp paper towels for about 20 seconds. When they’re soft and pliable you can start spooning the chicken salad mixture in the center of each tortilla, then fold in the ends and roll it up to close the wrap!
Serve: We like to cut the wraps in half and then serve them up! These chicken salad wraps would go well with some fresh veggies, or even fresh fruit! Try it with my fruit salsa. It’s a perfect summer combo!
You’ll need chicken prepared ahead of time for this recipe. It’s so simple to make with leftover shredded rotisserie chicken or chopped grilled chicken. We’ve also made chicken strips in the air fryer and chopped those up to use in this wrap.
The ramen seasoning adds a nice little pop of flavor, but we only use about half of the packet as it’s pretty salty. If your chicken is already salty, season accordingly. You can always sprinkle on more seasoning after combining, or omit it if you don’t want it.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days. However, the noodles will get a bit soggy as they soak up the dressing. The texture won’t be exactly the same.
MORE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES!
Ramen Chicken Salad Wrap
- 3 ounces dry ramen noodles any flavor
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 8 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Open the ramen packet and set aside the seasoning packet. Crumble the ramen into chunks into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken, coleslaw mix, almonds, sesame seeds, and green onions and toss.
- Add the olive oil, sesame oil, vinegar, and sugar to a small bowl. Sprinkle in as much of the ramen seasoning as you’d like – we use about half of the packet as it can be fairly salty. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to coat.
- Microwave the tortillas between 2 damp paper towels for 20 seconds to make them soft and pliable.
- Spoon the salad mixture into the center of each tortilla and fold in the ends. Roll up the tortilla to close the wrap.
- Cut wraps in half, if desired, and serve.