This easy cranberry bread recipe is loaded with fresh cranberries for a sweet and tart quick bread that your whole family will devour.
When I was a kid, we always had that ubiquitous can of cranberry glop on our Thanksgiving table. As far as I can recall, no one ever actually ate the perfectly round slices of goo, but someone put it out every year anyway. Traditions, man.
This led to me growing up never having had a cranberry. I associated them with the glop and I just couldn’t bring myself to try them. Until, one day, someone made homemade cranberry sauce sweetened with maple syrup and I just put on my big girl pants and gave it a try.
Y’all. Cranberries are life.
That sauce inspired me to make this sweet cranberry bread recipe that is loaded with fresh cranberries and topped with a simple streusel topping. I’m such a sucker for all things streusel!
How to prepare cranberry bread:
Use a stand mixer to cream together butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
Then beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
Next combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with your buttermilk. Fold in the cranberries by hand.
How to prepare the struesel:
Mix together flour, brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon until combined.
Stir in the melted butter until well combined and crumbly.
Bring them together:
Grab a 9×5 loaf pan and grease it up.
Add your batter to the loaf pan and spread evenly.
Sprinkle the streusel over the laof of bread. Press down lightly to adhere the crumbs to the loaf.
Bake for 50-60 minutes. You will know the bread is done when a butter knife is inserted into the center of the loaf and comes out mostly clean.
More lovely cranberry recipes to try!
Cranberry Bread Recipe
For the bread:
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
For the streusel topping:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Fold in the cranberries by hand.
- Add this batter to your greased loaf pan
- To make the streusel, mix together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon until combined.
- Stir in the melted butter until well combined and crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the loaf of bread and press down lightly to adhere the crumbs.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a butter knife inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.