This cinnamon roll bread makes a great dessert or a sweet treat for breakfast! It’s ready in about 15 minutes!
You guys, I have made a grave mistake.
There is this local restaurant that sells buckets full of spaghetti and ravioli and these delicious sandwiches on the best Italian bread with salami and ham and turkey. They don’t deliver and, if you want to use the drive up window, you have to order ahead by phone. We don’t order from there often because, like most of the world, I hate ordering via phone. It’s 2017. Can’t we just do online orders?
My kids were begging for their gondola sandwiches the other night so I placed an order and they asked if I wanted to add an order of cinnamon sugar bread.
Do you think anyone says no to that?
I did not say no that. I am no dummy.
So, now we’re obsessed and this cinnamon sugar bread was seriously getting me outside of my comfort zone. I was calling in orders all the time.
I finally figured out that hey, actually maybe I AM a dummy, because obviously cinnamon sugar bread is not hard to make at home. So that’s what I did here.
But I added cream cheese frosting so now this is cinnamon roll bread and yep. It’s even better than the local Italian joint with the buckets of spaghetti.
You’re welcome. Or I’m sorry. I’m not sure which is the appropriate saying in this instance. On the one hand, I’m giving you delicious carbs coated in cinnamon and sugar and slathered with a simple cream cheese frosting. On the other hand, I’m giving you delicious carbs coated in cinnamon and sugar and slathered with a simple cream cheese frosting.
You see how this is both a good and a bad thing, right?
Either way, go ahead and make this and let me know what you think. It’s really good and your kids will love you for this one.
Cinnamon Roll Bread
For the bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature 1 stick
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the loaf of French bread in half length-wise.
- Add the butter, sugars, and cinnamon to a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly between the two halves of bread.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the bread is baking, prepare the frosting. Add the cream cheese, powdered, sugar, milk, and vanilla to a small mixing bowl and mix until well combined, smooth, and creamy.
- Let the bread cool for 5 minutes before slicing and drizzling with the frosting.
- Serve immediately after frosting.