The husband likes football. I’m not such a big fan.
I mean, I like the food that comes along with it, but I don’t enjoy the screaming and the jumping and the cursing.
Oh, and about the life sized football player sticker on the wall in the man cave? Well, it’s sort of cute. I mean, my daughter has a bunch of Toy Story stickers all over her bedroom walls and my husband has a 6 foot 3 inch Jay Cutler sticker in his room. I think it’s sweet.
Besides being adorable that my husband decorates with stickers, I’ve spent countless hours wondering if Jay was wearing a cup while his photograph was taken for that sticker. I mean, it’s right there. On my wall. Life sized. You guys would wonder, too, if you had to walk by him all the time.
How in the world did I end up talking about boy parts on my food blog? Let’s pretend that didn’t happen.
Football. We were talking about football.
It’s kinda dumb, except for the food.
Last week I made these scrumptious four ingredient Buffalo Chicken Taquitos for the game. Then I ate them all while the boys were busy shouting at the TV.
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 1 deli rotisserie chicken meat shredded (about 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken)
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cups Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pull the meat from the chicken and shred with your fingers into small pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl, along with the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Stir to combine. Taste mixture and add more hot sauce as desired. I used about 1 1/2 cups of hot sauce, but add slowly and taste as you go.
- Drop a couple spoonfuls in the center of each tortilla and roll them up. Place on a baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese, if desired.