So, do you guys remember me telling you how I was in the midst of a diet competition with my husband? The winner gets a big fancy vacation?
Well. The competition ended on December 31 and I’m happy to announce that I kicked his trash. Hard.
How’d I do it? Oh, you know. Bacon. And cheese. And burgers.
I’ve been following a ketogenic diet, which basically means that I’m not eating carbs and I’m really sad and cry all day while baking cookies for my family. It’s pitiful, but man it works. I lost fourteen pounds over the month of December. Yes. I lost weight over Christmas. I win.
Anyway, I’ve been having fun coming up with some low carb recipes and I thought I’d share a favorite with you. This salad is good whether you eat carbs or not. Like, for serious good. The homemade low carb salad dressing is OUTRAGEOUS and I really want to dip french fries in it. *sigh*
If you love bacon cheeseburgers, you should check out my low carb casserole that’s full of that bacon cheeseburger flavor! My cauliflower potato salad is another great low carb recipe!
Okay, friends, here’s the recipe! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Dill pickle slices as desired
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
For the burger:
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons vinegar more to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill
- Add the greens, cheese, pickles, and bacon to a large bowl. Toss to mix.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the ground beef and shape into the form of a hamburger patty.
- Cook in a medium skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking.
- Chop the burger into bite sized pieces and add to the salad.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Leave a Review