So, do you guys remember me telling you how I was in the midst of a diet competition with my husband? The winner gets a big fancy vacation?
Well. The competition ended on December 31 and I’m happy to announce that I kicked his trash. Hard.
How’d I do it? Oh, you know. Bacon. And cheese. And burgers.
I’ve been following a ketogenic diet, which basically means that I’m not eating carbs and I’m really sad and cry all day while baking cookies for my family. It’s pitiful, but man it works. I lost fourteen pounds over the month of December. Yes. I lost weight over Christmas. I win.
Anyway, I’ve been having fun coming up with some low carb recipes and I thought I’d share a favorite with you. This salad is good whether you eat carbs or not. Like, for serious good. The homemade low carb salad dressing is OUTRAGEOUS and I really want to dip french fries in it. *sigh*
Okay, friends, here’s the recipe! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Dill pickle slices as desired
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
For the burger:
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons vinegar more to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill
- Add the greens, cheese, pickles, and bacon to a large bowl. Toss to mix.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the ground beef and shape into the form of a hamburger patty.
- Cook in a medium skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking.
- Chop the burger into bite sized pieces and add to the salad.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.