Vodka Collins

Oh, hiiiiiii!

How are you today? Me? I’m great. I’ve just discovered my most favoritest drink recipe in all the land.

How many of them did I drink, you ask?

Well, how many do you think is too many? Because I drank one less than that.

I’ve been making these with my homemade sweet and sour mix, which FYI, is divine.

Oh…did I mention the vodka? It’s sorta divine too. Only because you can’t even taste it.

So, yep. You should drink one or three of these.

PrintPrintSaveSave

Vodka Collins

Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:

1.5 ounces vodka
1.5 ounces Sweet and Sour mix (more to taste)
club soda
ice cubes

Directions:

Pour the vodka into a glass with ice cubes. Add the sweet and sour mix. Add club soda to your taste, about 5 ounces. Add a splash of grenadine, if you like that sort of thing.

Stir and enjoy!

19 Responses to “Vodka Collins”

1. TheSchoolNurse November 13, 2012 @ 7:18 am (#

Yummy! How can I pin this? :)

2. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust November 13, 2012 @ 4:04 pm (#

Ohmigosh. I love you…because I think you just taught me how to make Collins Mixer. I’m guessing sweet and sour and club soda? Funny thing – my parents never drank but we always had Collins Mixer in the house and it was my FAVORITE drink. Now I can make my own, adult style!

Karly Reply:

@Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust,

Yes! Try it with gin for a Tom Collins! I think some people add a cherry or a little grenadine, but not me. :)

3. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel November 13, 2012 @ 6:45 pm (#

Helllllllll yeah. Vodka Collins, my name is Hayley. So nice to meet you.

4. Melissa November 13, 2012 @ 7:54 pm (#

Oh my yumminess! This is on my must make to get through Christmas, I mean, well, no that’s what I mean…you have apparently met my family. No? Well either way these with help with that!

5. Melissa November 13, 2012 @ 7:59 pm (#

OK!! I was wondering how to turn this all Thomas Collins-y. That’s my hubby’s fave drink. I’m excited to make this for him!!

6. Joanne November 13, 2012 @ 8:20 pm (#

One less than too many for me might be one and a half because…I’m kind of a lightweight. They sound awesome though!!

7. Karen @ My Pantry Shelf November 13, 2012 @ 9:29 pm (#

As a child, collins mix was my favorite “fancy drink” to celebrate with as my parents and their friends made the most of happy hour. Now I’m a vodka drinker myself, but never thought to combine the two. I will definitely try your sweet and sour mix. Thanks!

8. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes November 13, 2012 @ 10:30 pm (#

Impressive that you made your own sweet and sour mix! I wanna try this soo bad – i’m a vodka girl all the way :)

9. Joanna November 14, 2012 @ 9:29 am (#

Yummy! And these are so good if made with vanilla vodka or raspberry vodka. Too bad I can’t have a little one of these while I am at work right now :( lol

10. cowgaljazzy November 14, 2012 @ 10:12 am (#

I”m going to have to sneak a bottle of volka in the house for a rare occasion like this!

11. Cookbook Queen November 14, 2012 @ 10:56 am (#

Is this like Tom Collins on Meet the Parent’s? Because that makes it totally worthsies.

Also I just realized that i can have one of these soon. SOOOOON!!!!

12. nicole @ I am a Honey Bee November 15, 2012 @ 12:24 pm (#

oo never had one of these. I def need to try one

13. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl November 15, 2012 @ 1:04 pm (#

How did you know this is just what I needed this week (and um…next week as well, to get through the holidays with the in-laws)??

14. Sheree Hartung November 19, 2012 @ 11:31 pm (#

This looks delicious!! Definitely on the list for our next party :)

15. Jackie July 16, 2013 @ 8:43 pm (#

What brand of vodka did you use in this recipe.

Karly Reply:

I usually use either Smirnoff or Absolut, but any would work!

16. Ashley February 11, 2014 @ 12:38 pm (#

YUM! Made this last night and it was so refreshing. My usual drink is a diet gin and tonic, and this was just as good. I guess I’ll have to have one every night since I now have the mix in the fridge, ready to go… :)

1. Pingback: Kasey Schindler » kasey schindler