Vodka Collins

Vodka Collins recipe

Oh, hiiiiiii!

How are you today? Me? I’m great. I’ve just discovered my most favoritest drink recipe in all the land.

How many of them did I drink, you ask?

Well, how many do you think is too many? Because I drank one less than that.

I’ve been making these with my homemade sweet and sour mix, which FYI, is divine.

Oh…did I mention the vodka? It’s sorta divine too. Only because you can’t even taste it.

So, yep. You should drink one or three of these.

Vodka Collins recipe

Vodka Collins recipePrint Recipe

Vodka Collins

Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:

1.5 ounces vodka
1.5 ounces Sweet and Sour mix (more to taste)
club soda
ice cubes

Directions:

Pour the vodka into a glass with ice cubes. Add the sweet and sour mix. Add club soda to your taste, about 5 ounces. Add a splash of grenadine, if you like that sort of thing.

Stir and enjoy!

23 Responses to “Vodka Collins”

1. TheSchoolNurse November 13, 2012 @ 7:18 am (#

Yummy! How can I pin this? :)

2. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust November 13, 2012 @ 4:04 pm (#

Ohmigosh. I love you…because I think you just taught me how to make Collins Mixer. I’m guessing sweet and sour and club soda? Funny thing – my parents never drank but we always had Collins Mixer in the house and it was my FAVORITE drink. Now I can make my own, adult style!

• Karly replied: — November 13th, 2012 @ 4:55 pm

@Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust,

Yes! Try it with gin for a Tom Collins! I think some people add a cherry or a little grenadine, but not me. :)

3. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel November 13, 2012 @ 6:45 pm (#

Helllllllll yeah. Vodka Collins, my name is Hayley. So nice to meet you.

4. Melissa November 13, 2012 @ 7:54 pm (#

Oh my yumminess! This is on my must make to get through Christmas, I mean, well, no that’s what I mean…you have apparently met my family. No? Well either way these with help with that!

5. Melissa November 13, 2012 @ 7:59 pm (#

OK!! I was wondering how to turn this all Thomas Collins-y. That’s my hubby’s fave drink. I’m excited to make this for him!!

6. Joanne November 13, 2012 @ 8:20 pm (#

One less than too many for me might be one and a half because…I’m kind of a lightweight. They sound awesome though!!

7. Karen @ My Pantry Shelf November 13, 2012 @ 9:29 pm (#

As a child, collins mix was my favorite “fancy drink” to celebrate with as my parents and their friends made the most of happy hour. Now I’m a vodka drinker myself, but never thought to combine the two. I will definitely try your sweet and sour mix. Thanks!

8. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes November 13, 2012 @ 10:30 pm (#

Impressive that you made your own sweet and sour mix! I wanna try this soo bad – i’m a vodka girl all the way :)

9. Joanna November 14, 2012 @ 9:29 am (#

Yummy! And these are so good if made with vanilla vodka or raspberry vodka. Too bad I can’t have a little one of these while I am at work right now :( lol

10. cowgaljazzy November 14, 2012 @ 10:12 am (#

I”m going to have to sneak a bottle of volka in the house for a rare occasion like this!

11. Cookbook Queen November 14, 2012 @ 10:56 am (#

Is this like Tom Collins on Meet the Parent’s? Because that makes it totally worthsies.

Also I just realized that i can have one of these soon. SOOOOON!!!!

12. nicole @ I am a Honey Bee November 15, 2012 @ 12:24 pm (#

oo never had one of these. I def need to try one

13. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl November 15, 2012 @ 1:04 pm (#

How did you know this is just what I needed this week (and um…next week as well, to get through the holidays with the in-laws)??

14. Sheree Hartung November 19, 2012 @ 11:31 pm (#

This looks delicious!! Definitely on the list for our next party :)

15. Jackie July 16, 2013 @ 8:43 pm (#

What brand of vodka did you use in this recipe.

• Karly replied: — July 17th, 2013 @ 9:46 pm

I usually use either Smirnoff or Absolut, but any would work!

16. Ashley February 11, 2014 @ 12:38 pm (#

YUM! Made this last night and it was so refreshing. My usual drink is a diet gin and tonic, and this was just as good. I guess I’ll have to have one every night since I now have the mix in the fridge, ready to go… :)

17. Jeannie Zepol September 6, 2014 @ 1:52 am (#

Tried this drink tonight. It is sooooo good!!! It’s my new favorite drink. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe for all of it.

18. Marie September 13, 2014 @ 6:42 pm (#

You should know that this is somehow EVEN BETTER with whipped cream flavored vodka. It tastes like pie.

1. Pingback: Kasey Schindler » kasey schindler