Buffalo Chicken Taquitos

The husband likes football. I’m not such a big fan.

I mean, I like the food that comes along with it, but I don’t enjoy the screaming and the jumping and the cursing.

Oh, and about the life sized football player sticker on the wall in the man cave? Well, it’s sort of cute. I mean, my daughter has a bunch of Toy Story stickers all over her bedroom walls and my husband has a 6 foot 3 inch Jay Cutler sticker in his room. I think it’s sweet.

Besides being adorable that my husband decorates with stickers, I’ve spent countless hours wondering if Jay was wearing a cup while his photograph was taken for that sticker. I mean, it’s right there. On my wall. Life sized. You guys would wonder, too, if you had to walk by him all the time.

How in the world did I end up talking about boy parts on my food blog? Let’s pretend that didn’t happen.

Football. We were talking about football.

It’s kinda dumb, except for the food.

Last week I made these scrumptious four ingredient Buffalo Chicken Taquitos for the game. Then I ate them all while the boys were busy shouting at the TV.

PrintPrintSaveSave

Buffalo Chicken Taquitos

Ingredients:

1 deli rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (about 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken)
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cups Frank's Red Hot Sauce
12 6-inch flour tortillas
cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Pull the meat from the chicken and shred with your fingers into small pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl, along with the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Stir to combine. Taste mixture and add more hot sauce as desired. I used about 1 1/2 cups of hot sauce, but add slowly and taste as you go.
Drop a couple spoonfuls in the center of each tortilla and roll them up. Place on a baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese, if desired.

15 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Taquitos”

1. Cassie September 30, 2012 @ 8:14 pm (#

I’m more of a football food fan than an actual football fan too. But if necessary, I can surely pretend to be a football fan if it comes with buffalo chicken taquitos. LOVE this, Karly! Even more, I love how simple it is. Rotisserie chicken is a life-saver!

2. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel September 30, 2012 @ 8:15 pm (#

Oh, cups. When I was my dad’s statistician for the wrestling team, that’s how I felt when I was around boys in spandex. It’s just… there. And awkward. Can we stop? Yespleaseokaythanks.

These taquitos need to happen. I love taquitos and I love buffalo chicken and therefore, I kinda sorta love their love-child.

3. Bernadette Martin September 30, 2012 @ 8:17 pm (#

OH MY!! These sound fabulous!! I’m sharing on my page tomorrow!

4. sally @ sallys baking addiction October 1, 2012 @ 7:55 am (#

i don’t like football either Karly. I just watch for the drinking and the food. But I’m good at pretending to be into it! I love buffalo chicken anything… I recently found a WINNING buff chicken nacho recipe. But you just cannot go wrong with buffalo chicken and mexican!

5. Megan @ whatmegansmaking October 1, 2012 @ 8:22 am (#

Yum! These sound so easy and much better than watching football :)

6. Joanne October 1, 2012 @ 11:07 am (#

Thankfully wall space is so limited in NYC that the boyfriend has not dared suggest decorating any walls with any life-sized hopefully-cup-wearing men. He HAS, however, hinted that he would like some football food to appear in front of him during games. I’ve yet to comply but I think that these might just be the perfect place to start!

7. Nicole @ Lapetitebaker October 1, 2012 @ 6:01 pm (#

I watch football every once and awhile but usually I get bored and stuff my face with food. And if these where on the table in front of me, you bet you’re bottom dollar, I would munch on these.

8. Lauren October 1, 2012 @ 6:20 pm (#

These sound so delicious! I might have to make them for my grandma, though, because my husband is not a fan of spicy stuff! I sure love the looks of these!

9. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes October 1, 2012 @ 10:28 pm (#

I made flautas recentlly that were similar to these! Love them! I dipped them in a sauce made of chili sauce and Greek yogurt. I’m going to try your idea!

10. Jaimie October 2, 2012 @ 4:56 pm (#

Your so funny! I would wonder the same thing.

11. KitKat September 7, 2013 @ 11:55 am (#

I recently made a Mexican style torta, using buffalo chicken rather than the traditional meats. It was double D-lish…thanks for another idea that will let me enjoy all of the yumminess of buffalo style chicken, without all the fuss of dealing with the bones in traditional wings!!!

12. Stuart January 17, 2014 @ 5:30 am (#

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing
    a few months of hard work due to no back up.
    Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

1. Pingback: Country Cleaver Buffalo Chicken Sliders » Country Cleaver