Barbecue Beef Bake
I’m fairly certain that my neighbors think I’m insane. They pretty much only ever see me in my pajamas. I mean, yeah, I wear grown up people clothes sometimes, but it’s usually only while they are away at work. When I’m outside in the evening I’m in my husband’s old, ratty sweat pants. They’re so comfy, y’all.
This wasn’t a big problem before, because I’m allergic to nature and bugs and heat and cold, so I pretty much spent most of my life inside. Now I have a puppy that requires me to take her outside all the time. I can just see them judging me from their windows.
“Look at her! She’s wearing those same strange pants again and, Henry, I don’t think she even has a bra on!”
I’m not actually sure if any of my neighbors are named Henry, but they might be. Totally possible.
Couple the constant pajamas with my strange hobby of photographing every plate of food I eat and my neighbors think I’m crazy. I set up my little “studio” in the front or back yard depending on the time of day and where the sun is and I photograph my food in my pajamas. My neighbors totally don’t get it. Neither does my husband.
“Why don’t you just put on some real pants?” he asks.
“Why don’t you just shut your face?” I say back.
Then I bring the food in and feed him and he’s happy.
This Barbecue Beef Bake was a total last minute, what the heck am I going to cook for dinner tonight kind of meal. It came together quickly and only used ingredients that I pretty much always have around. It’s a bit sloppy-joe-ish, but fancier because it’s served on crescent rolls instead of buns. Wait…does that make it fancier or trashier? Hard to say.
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Open and unroll the crescent rolls. Press them into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and pinch the seams together so that you have one large sheet of dough covering the bottom of the pan.
- Brown the ground been over medium heat. While the beef is cooking, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, Italian salad dressing, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Drain the beef when it's cooked through and add the sauce and corn to the pan. Stir to coat the meat in the sauce.
- Microwave the cream cheese for 15 seconds or until it's easily spreadable. Spread on the crescent roll dough.
- Pour the meat mixture over the cream cheese and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle the top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crescent rolls are cooked through and the cheese is melted.