Three Cheese Spread

Three Cheese Spread recipe

Have you seen those commercials that say “Ahh, the power of cheese?” Well, I don’t want to be weird or anything, but cheese! It is powerful. Everyone loves it (please don’t tell me if you don’t love cheese, I would never recover from the shock) which means it is the perfect food to serve at get togethers, parties, funerals, weddings, baby showers, and late night television watching marathons.

Just in case I forgot to mention a time when serving cheese would be appropriate, a good rule of thumb is this: If people will be present, cheese should be on the menu. Hallelujah and amen.

My baby girl just had a birthday, so we celebrated by eating cake and ripping open presents. We also celebrated with a bit of this cheese spread. That’s the way birthdays are meant to be celebrated, after all.

Three Cheese Spread recipe

There’s a picture of the birthday girl eating some snow. I figured it’d be okay to sneak a picture of her in as long as the picture included food. And, yes, I’m the type of mother that considers snow a good, healthy snack. Don’t judge.

Alright, back to the cheese. This cheese spread is simple, tasty, and perfect for your next get together. Feel free to play with the flavors of this and make it your own. I have a feeling that a bit of that powdered ranch dip mixed in would be quite tasty. You could also add a bit of finely diced jalapeno for a little kick. Or sprinkle in some cayenne if that’s more your speed. Play with it, have fun with it, but most of all, eat it. You won’t regret it.

Three Cheese Spread recipe

Three Cheese Spread
Recipe adapted from Real Mom Kitchen

• 8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese
  • 8 oz. block pepper jack cheese
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 tsp parsley
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • Dash of Tabasco
  • Dash of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup milk (or more, depending on what consistency you want)
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Grate the cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Add to a stand mixer or food processor and mix in the remaining ingredients. Continue mixing until everything is combined. Add more milk if you want a thinner consistency. Sprinkle with a bit of parsley if you want to be fancy and serve with crackers.

18 Responses to “Three Cheese Spread”

1. Lori December 30, 2009 @ 10:10 pm (#

I have a recipe sort of like this one, only it uses Parmesan cheese. I love it! It’s been one of my favorites for years.
    ~~Lori

2. grace December 31, 2009 @ 7:04 am (#

what a cutie! the kiddo, not the dip. just to clarify. :)
    speaking of the dip, bless your heart for using pepperjack–it’s the end-all, be-all of cheeses for me.
    happy new year!

3. Lori Merritt December 31, 2009 @ 7:21 am (#

I loved this cheese spread. I was able to enjoy it at Em’s birthday. Yum!

4. s December 31, 2009 @ 7:58 am (#

oh wow..this looks GOOD!

5. Amy from She Wears Many Hats January 2, 2010 @ 10:17 am (#

I’m not a big cheese fan (yeah, I know) but cheese spread is some good stuff.

Beautiful picture of your daughter. Adorable.

6. Barbara January 3, 2010 @ 6:54 am (#

Such a cutie! I agree…clean, new, white snow is healthy. No cholesterol.
    And speaking of cheese, I’m loving this recipe. Yummy!

7. Amanda January 3, 2010 @ 11:39 am (#

I am pretty sure this is a sin of some sort. WOW that looks divine!

Blessings-
    Amanda

8. rachel-asouthernfairytale January 4, 2010 @ 1:04 pm (#

One of my favorite spreads/dips/snacks of ALL TIME!

THAT picture of your daughter.. *sigh*

xoxoxoxo

Your pictures are so gorgeous.

9. amy2boys January 4, 2010 @ 7:01 pm (#

That picture of her is beautiful. And CHEESE! Yum.

10. Abbie January 4, 2010 @ 7:18 pm (#

Cheese is indeed celebratory. This looks great!

11. megan January 4, 2010 @ 7:23 pm (#

yum, I wish I’d seen this before our new year’s eve party! This looks wonderful.

beautiful picture of your daughter. I hope I learn enough so that I can take pictures of my kids like that some day. (no kids currently, so I’ve got awhile to learn) :)

12. Bugaboo January 4, 2010 @ 8:25 pm (#

Doesn’t look healthy in the least, but at least you never tried to mislead. This looks a.ma.zing. I’m from Wisconsin, so I think I appreciate it even more than most (if that’s possible.) Yum.

13. Sook January 7, 2010 @ 6:24 pm (#

Hi the Stumble! led me to your blog and I love it! Everything here looks fabulous! Yum!

14. Memoria January 7, 2010 @ 11:28 pm (#

I was going to comment about the cheese until I saw the photo of your daughter. Wow! Her eyes are mesmerizing! What a great photo!! I miss eating snow. The dish looks fantastic, too.

15. Ashley January 9, 2010 @ 10:09 am (#

Yum this definitely sounds delicious! And I love the photo of your daughter!

16. michelle January 13, 2010 @ 2:55 am (#

I LOVE the looks of that cheese dip/spread- yum!! You can never go wrong with cheese.

17. Jill January 19, 2010 @ 11:55 am (#

My mom makes a cheese dip like this and I lurve it with a capital urve!

Also, I once met a woman who didn’t like cheese. Of any kind. When she announced that to the group we were in people were utterly dumbfounded. It’s not that she didn’t like certain types of cheese or something. She. Didn’t. Like. Cheese.

Obviously, she never hung out with us again.

1. Pingback: Caraway Cheese Spread | Never Enough Thyme — Never Enough Thyme - Recipes with a slight southern accent.