You guys are going to love this pumpkin bundt cake! It’s topped with a simple glaze made of browned butter and powdered sugar – so good you’ll want to drink it!
I have a major problem, you guys.
I married this guy. He’s cute and all, but he doesn’t like cake. Specifically, he doesn’t like cake because of the frosting.
Personally, I believe that cake only exists to serve a purpose for frosting, but whatever. He thinks that the frosting ruins a cake and he won’t eat it.
He even makes judge-y faces at me when I scrape his frosting off a piece of cake for him and proceed to eat the frosting with a spoon. He thinks that’s “weird.” Or “gross.” Or “a problem that needs medical help.” Doesn’t he understand that I’m only doing that to help him out?
He just doesn’t get me.
But, then! I made this pumpkin bundt cake.
And I topped it with this glaze. He looked at me with his sad eyes, all “oh, you had to ruin it with the frosting, didn’t you?”
So, I did what any loving wife would do and I begged him to just try a tiny bite of the frosting. Off a spoon. The way God intended. Making him try foods that he’s already declared he hates is a hobby of mine.
This time, though, he liked it. In fact, he ate a SECOND spoonful of frosting. Then he ate a piece of cake and the heavens rejoiced.
What I’m saying is, this browned butter glaze/frosting saves marriages. We nearly had to divorce over our difference of opinion, but now I can continue having someone around to take out the trash. Thank goodness.
Pumpkin Cake with Browned Butter Glaze
For the cake:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 15 ounces pumpkin 1 can
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
For the glaze:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- To make the cake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a bundt pan.
- Beat together all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer for 2 minutes or until well combined, light, and somewhat fluffy.
- Add batter to bundt pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the bundt pan before turning onto a cake platter to finish cooling.
- For the glaze, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the butter into a small bowl and whisk in the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle over the top of the cooled cake.
Leave a Review