I can totally hear you thinking, “what’s the big deal? You have DAYS to clean it up.”
You guys. Have you met me? My memory is totally shot. I do not remember that there is a mess in my oven until the next time I start preheating it and the oven starts sending out smoke signals. It’s ridiculous. This usually results in a week or so of smoking the entire house out and then finally remembering to run the clean cycle about 10 minutes before I’m ready for bed. Of course, I can’t go to sleep while the oven is on, so I sit. And I wait. And I complain.
I’m a total complainer. That’s another thing you should know about me by now.
You know what though? Even if it does take me a week to remember to run the clean cycle on my oven, you should be proud. I once owned an oven for 10 years that didn’t have the self clean function and do you know how many times I cleaned that oven? That’s right. Zero times. Anyway, this Honey Cinnamon Peach Cobbler is a total favorite of mine. The sweet peaches, the honey, the cinnamon, it just works. Beautifully.
If fresh peaches aren’t available or just aren’t looking super fabulous where you are (they rarely look super fabulous here in Illinois), go ahead and use frozen. Just thaw them for an hour on the counter.
Of course, fruit cobblers like to bubble and what happens when things bubble? They spill right out of the pan and all over the bottom of the oven resulting in smoke signals and late nights.
LG has a new EasyClean oven and, you guys, I just can’t even handle it. A twenty minute clean cycle? Ugh. That’s so exactly what I need. No chemicals either, which makes mama happy. Spray the interior with a bit of water, press the EasyClean button, wait 20 minutes, and then wipe down the icky stuff that came off your oven! Pretty sure there are no excuses for not cleaning your oven if it only takes 20 minutes! (Heavy build-up may require additional manual effort or use of the full self-clean feature). To learn more about LG EasyClean click here.
For a chance to win a LG EasyClean™ Double Oven Range, leave me a comment telling me what YOUR favorite recipe is that can leave your oven messy!
Honey Cinnamon Peach Cobbler
For the filling:
- 3 pounds sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar as needed depending on how sweet your peaches are
For the dough:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 9 tablespoon cold butter cut into small chunks
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- To prepare the filling, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the peaches, honey, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Taste and sprinkle in additional sugar if needed, depending on how sweet your fruit is.
- Pour the filling into the prepared dish.
- To make the dough, in a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter to coarse crumbs. Add the boiling water and stir to form a dough.
- Drop small chunks of the dough on top of the fruit filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool before serving.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
BlogHer will pool entries from participating blogs and select a sweepstakes winner at random and will contact the winner with details about fulfilling the prize.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/22/13 – 7/15/13.