Million Dollar Pasta
This simple pasta recipe is ready in just 20 minutes. Toss your favorite shape of pasta in this cream cheese pasta sauce and you’ll never go back to plain old spaghetti again!
We’re here, you guys! We’re in our new home, we’re mostly unpacked, and we’re basically just wandering around the house in awe.
We’re all pretty in love with our new home and I’m so happy about that. We’ve moved so much lately and we made it a point to find something that we would want to live in forever. So far, I think we’re good. I’m never leaving this place, especially if that means I never have to pack another box!
Would you guys be interested in a house tour once I have everything decorated (and the random half empty boxes taken away)? I thought it would be fun to share our space with you guys, but maybe that’s only fun to me. Haha!
Anyway, the first meal I made in our new house was pasta. My family loves their pasta and I’m right there with them. It’s so good and filling and I don’t even care about the carbs. I totally went off my low carb diet for the last half of April since I was traveling and moving (read: eating out allllll the dang time) and I’ve been hoovering in the carbs like there’s no tomorrow. Happy to report that I’ve managed to not gain weight while doing so, too!
So, back to the pasta! If you’ll remember, I shared my family’s recipe for this creamy baked spaghetti. It’s one of those meals that everyone just devours and it’s pretty easy. But, recipes can always be made even simpler, so I eliminated the bake time to make this a summer friendly dish. No hot oven means you won’t be heating up the whole house!
I called this million dollar pasta, because that’s what most people call the creamy baked spaghetti recipe that we all love.
Million Dollar Pasta
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the hamburger meat in a medium skillet, crumbling it as it cooks. Drain the fat and return to the pan. Stir in the pasta sauce and set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, chives, salt, and pepper with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Drain the pasta when it's finished cooking and return to the pot. Stir in the cream cheese mixture and the meat sauce until well coated.
- Serve immediately.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1042kcal Calories from fat 493|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 55g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 24g||120%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||60%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|