S’mores Donuts

S'mores Donut #recipe! These donuts are EASY PEASY and taste like they came from a gourmet donut shop!

Alright, guys. I apologize. I went and fried some donuts.

I know, I know. I’m the baked donut queen and I’ve been sharing tons of baked donut recipes with you! You guys seem to love them, too.

I just couldn’t stay away from the hot oil, though. Not when marshmallow and Nutella were involved!

I made things easy though and used my favorite ONE INGREDIENT donut as the base! Yep. Just one ingredient…and it’s not flour or yeast or anything like that. It’s just refrigerated biscuit dough!

And, before you ask, yes! Fried biscuit dough really does make an excellent donut! But, no. You can’t bake the dough instead of frying it because, seriously guys. That would make biscuits.

Of course I couldn’t just fry up a biscuit and top it with marshmallow creme and Nutella! I had to roll the fried donuts in graham cracker crumbs for a really authentic take on s’mores!

My husband tends to roll his eyes at me when I get all sugar-crazy at breakfast, so I served these for an afternoon snack. They were delicious, but Imma totally make them for breakfast one day when he’s not around. He’s not the boss of me. So there.

So, you and me. Sugary, marshmallowy, chocolatey pillows of fried dough? Yes?

Thought so.

PrintPrintSaveSave

S'mores Donuts

Ingredients:

1 package refrigerated biscuit dough
oil, for frying
4 graham crackers, crushed to fine crumbs
1/4-1/2 cup marshmallow creme
1/4-1/2 Nutella

Directions:

Heat oil in a deep skillet to 375 degrees. Place graham cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl.
Use a donut cutter or the lid from a 2-liter or 20 ounce bottle to cut holes in the center of each biscuit.
Fry the biscuits for 5-6 minutes, flipping over halfway through cooking, until golden brown on each side and cooked through. Drain donuts on a paper towel lined plate.
Continue frying donuts in batches until all are cooked.
As the donuts become cool enough to handle, roll them in the graham cracker crumbs. Spread a couple of teaspoons of marshmallow creme and Nutella on top of each donut.
Serve immediately.

27 Responses to “S’mores Donuts”

1. Belinda @themoonblushbaker September 13, 2013 @ 6:19 am (#

Dang! Now I am sad that I do not have biscuit dough in my country! Oh well for the love of fried donuts (esp with s’mores), I will do anything!

2. Madison September 13, 2013 @ 7:08 am (#

YUM YUM YUM! I love the crispy donut with the warm melty nutella marshmellow creme on top. :) GOSH get in my belly please!

3. Tieghan September 13, 2013 @ 7:21 am (#

Nothing wrong with a good fried doughnut!These look too good!

4. Katrina @ WVS September 13, 2013 @ 9:00 am (#

Oh my sweet goodness, these are awesome!! And so fun. Love this idea!!

5. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) September 13, 2013 @ 10:01 am (#

*sob* it looks so delicious I could just diiiiieee

6. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl September 13, 2013 @ 10:28 am (#

If I knew every morning I got a smores donut, I’d be setting my alarm and bouncing to the kitchen to get one!

7. Joanne September 13, 2013 @ 1:03 pm (#

I don’t LOVE having sweets for breakfast either…but I do love them as breakfast-for-dinner. Weird? Yes. Delicious? Yes. And I’m also kind of amazed that these were born of biscuit dough!

8. Meghan @ Spoonful of Flour September 13, 2013 @ 2:19 pm (#

These look too good, love that you took the extra step and rolled them in graham cracker crumbs! And the nutella? Amazing!

9. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking September 13, 2013 @ 2:37 pm (#

Holy donut deliciousness! These are epic, Karly!

10. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction September 13, 2013 @ 3:07 pm (#

Oh my! These need to make an appearance in my house soon!

11. Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts September 13, 2013 @ 5:22 pm (#

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Need these!!

12. Mary-Clay @ Cooking with the King September 13, 2013 @ 6:16 pm (#

Using graham cracker crumbs as a crumbly outer layer? Genius! I love it.

13. Jocelyn@ BruCrew Life September 13, 2013 @ 8:34 pm (#

I seriously want to stuff my face with these like right now!!!! I love a good baked donut, but fried dough is just so good sometimes!

14. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious September 13, 2013 @ 9:45 pm (#

I’ll take any excuse to have donuts for breakfast, especially when s’mores are involved!

15. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. September 15, 2013 @ 12:29 am (#

Oh Lordy, these are incredible!

16. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar September 15, 2013 @ 11:07 am (#

They look amazing Karly! I love the graham cracker crumbs! I definitely need to try this biscuit shortcut.

17. Zainab @ Blahnik Baker September 15, 2013 @ 11:41 am (#

Oh my lawd!! I’m dying. Breakfast just became exciting!!

18. Shannon {Cozy Country Living} September 16, 2013 @ 8:00 am (#

Wow! I love that these delicious looking donuts are covered in Nutella too- YUM:)

19. Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe September 16, 2013 @ 2:20 pm (#

What planet is your husband from? He should go back there and I’ll eat his share of these donuts. ;)

20. Coty and Mariah September 16, 2013 @ 7:36 pm (#

Oh my! There isn’t much to say about this, except for divine!

21. deborah September 17, 2013 @ 1:44 am (#

Just when I thought I couldn’t love donuts any more than I already do… Can I have one?

22. Aimee @ ShugarySweets September 18, 2013 @ 6:27 am (#

Seriously? I had to see this right now with my cup of coffee in hand and stomach growling…

23. Stephanie @ Macaroni and Cheesecake September 18, 2013 @ 1:15 pm (#

this looks in.cred.ible!!! And I love that you just used biscuit dough and fried it and then jazzed it up with the flavor toppings!

24. Cate @ Chez CateyLou September 18, 2013 @ 3:28 pm (#

A normal fried donut would be amazing on its own, but turning it into a s’mores donut?? hello favorite breakfast / dessert / snack ever!! I still haven’t deep fried because I’m worried I will burn down my apartment, but these donuts might just make me get over that fear!

25. DessertForTwo September 19, 2013 @ 8:55 pm (#

Whenever I need to make an impressive breakfast, I fry biscuit dough! It really does taste like store-bought donuts (but only better).
    I’m not sorry you made these at all :)

26. Kalyan September 23, 2013 @ 12:59 am (#

Just mouthwatering…looks delicious!

27. ????????? June 22, 2014 @ 9:37 pm (#

hey there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked
    up something new from right here. I did
    however expertise a few technical points using this website, since I experienced to reload the website
    many times previous to I could get it to load properly.

I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes
    affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords.

Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content.

Make sure you update this again very soon.