I’m kind of obsessed with red and green right now.
Or hadn’t you noticed?
I just shared those peanut butter oreo cookie bars that were all decked out in red and green for the holidays and now I’m dressing up my popcorn.
Before long I’ll be putting ugly sweaters on my cheeseburgers. You should probably subscribe to all of my email updates so you don’t miss out on that. 😉
Anyway, I went ahead and got crazy with a bag of microwave popcorn. My husband is a popcorn freak. He doesn’t eat it all the time, but every now and then he starts rummaging through the pantry in a desperate attempt to locate some popcorn. We’re almost always out of popcorn when his cravings hit, too. Poor guy.
Lucky him, I’ve been trying to keep a steady supply hidden away from the kids so that it’ll be there when he needs it. Of course, I totally stole a bag when I got the idea for this Christmas popcorn.
The popcorn is coated in a sticky mixture of marshmallow and peanut butter and then tossed with M&M’s and lots of festive sprinkles. I think this would make a perfect snack at any holiday party. It’d even make a really fun and cute little gift.
Check out my video above to see how I made it or scroll down for my recipe. And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you can see all of my new videos as they pop up!
Now, I command you to go forth and eat some ooey gooey popcorn.
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Christmas Popcorn
- 1 bag microwave butter popcorn popped
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup M&M's
- Sprinkles as desired
- Add the popcorn to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the marshmallows, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter to a medium bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and quickly toss to coat.
- Pour in the M&M's and sprinkles and continue stirring.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving to firm up.