Peach Pecan Pancakes
It’s that time of the year, you guys.
When you’re at the grocery store (or, fine, the farmers’ market, if you’re fancy and you live somewhere that has farmers’ markets this early in the year with actual local produce instead of produce from halfway across the country, but whatever) and you walk by a big display of peaches without even noticing, you stop. And you notice. Because the smells, man.
You know peaches are going to be delicious when the whole produce section smells like the ripest, juiciest peach you’ve ever eaten.
Ahhhhh, I love this time of year!
So, I thought I’d bust out my cookbook and share a little recipe from it with you! (Psst! My book is less than $20 at Amazon right now and it’s bursting at the seams with pancake recipes, syrups, and sauces! Buy it here!)
This recipe makes me feel like a Southern belle, which makes me happy. Peaches and pecans. That’s a Southern thang, right? I mean, I live in the middle of Illinois, so I guess I don’t know.
By the way, I shared a guide over on eBay on making perfect pancakes, if you’re interested in checking that out. It’s full of tips and tricks and my basic pancake recipe. I kinda know a few things about pancakes, ya know?
So, anyway, the next time you’re walking by that stand of peaches, grab a handful or two. Eat them on the front porch while the juice runs down your chin. Then get inside and make some pancakes with the ones you have left. It’ll be good, y’all.
This recipe calls for buttermilk, but if you don’t have it on hand, try this buttermilk substitute.
Peach Pecan Pancakes
8 4-inch pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup peach puree
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned peaches, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- maple syrup
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the buttermilk, peach puree, egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined, but still slightly lumpy.
- Spray your cooking surface with non-stick cooking spray and place ¼ cup of the pancake batter in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining pancakes.
- Stack the pancakes, top with diced peaches, pecans, and maple syrup before serving.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 155kcal Calories from fat 61|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|