Are you kidding me right now!? Chocolate chip cookie PIE (made the easy way)! Oh yes, more please.
I’ve been going on and on recently about how homemade pie crust is just so fabulous and awesome and how all the cool kids are doing it.
Then I went to the store and bought some refrigerated pie dough. Don’t judge me. Sometimes I’m lazy.
Speaking of lazy, I also bought refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough.
Could I be any more of a cheater pants? I think not.
This little treat is beyond simple to make, assuming you’re lazy and cheaty like me. Things will be a bit more time consuming if you decide to go all Martha Stewart up in here, but it will all still be simple, everyday, anyone can do it steps to creating these adorable little mini pies.
I’ve always had a thing for mini foods. My parents always brings me back the mini bottles of ketchup and mayo they get from room service when they go on vacation. They usually spring for a little something extra, too, but the mini condiments are always a favorite.
Nope, you can’t have one chocolate chip cookie pie. You can have lots of them, you need lots of them!
You know why mini foods are so fabulous? Because they’re very tricky. You look at them and think “Oh, how cute! I’m going to eat one of those!”
So you eat one.
Then you look at the rest of the little mini things still on the plate and you think “Hmm, they’re so small. I’ll just have another.”
So you eat two.
Then you look at the plate and they are still just so adorable and, let’s be honest, you tummy can hold a lot more than 2 mini food items, so you say to yourself, “Oh, who cares. Miniature foods don’t even have room for calories!”
So you eat three.
I’m going to stop there before I embarrass myself, but you should know that the above scenario continues for quite a while. So you eat four, so you eat five, so you eat six…you get the idea. It just keeps on going.
These little pies are fabulous. I’m not a big fan of pie crust, so I wasn’t sure I’d love these. Something magical happens though and the sweetness from the cookie dough turns the pie crust into something amazing. Sweet, flaky, and all kinds of amazing.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Pies
- 2 9-inch pie crusts store bought or homemade
- Chocolate Chip Cookie dough 1 recipe homemade or 1 tube store bought
- Water, for sealing the edges
- Sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove your pie dough from the package and give it a quick roll to flatten it out just a bit. If using a homemade dough, roll it into 2 large circles about 1/4 inch thick and 9 inches in diameter.
- Using a 3 1/2 inch round biscuit cutter or a glass, cut circles from the dough. Re-roll the dough as needed to cut circles from the dough, about 16 dough circles total.
- Place 1-2 heaping tablespoons of dough in the center of half of the pie dough circles.
- Brush the edges of the pie dough with water and place the remaining pie dough circles on top.
- Use your fingers to press and seal the edges or use a fork to crimp them together.
- Brush the tops with a little water and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Review