This meatball casserole is dripping with fresh mozzarella cheese and loaded to the max with tender, savory meatballs!
So, let’s talk about something very near and dear to my heart, shall we?
You guys, I have a problem. I buy pounds (and pounds and pounds) of cheese at the store every week. Aaaaand, we eat it all.
I put cheese on everything.
So! I made a cheesy ravioli meatball skillet. There is cheese in the ravioli and cheese coating the whole dish. Because, yes. Cheese.
In addition to my obsession with cheese, I also have a sordid love affair going on with the all mighty meatball. I love meatballs! Remember my buffalo chicken meatball sandwiches? Gah. I make those meatballs all the time. So good!
But, obviously, I don’t always have time to be making my meatballs from scratch. I have zippity zero problems with the bags of frozen meatballs at the grocery store. In fact, I think they’re extra rad, so long as you get a good quality. I mean, there are a ton of uses for them and they’re easy to the peasy.
When a nice lady from Casa Di Bertacchi asked if I’d be interested in creating a recipe featuring their tender, all beef meatballs that are flavored with Italian spices and, of course, some Romano cheese, I said yes, please. Ship me all the meatballs. Everything you’ve got. I want them in my freezer. Chop chop.
So, I only actually got one bag of their meatballs, which is totally okay, because they come in SIX POUND BAGS, which is fabulous. You’ll have plenty of meatballs just ready and waiting for you to put them to use in all kinds of yummy ways! You can find them at Sam’s Club for less than $15 a bag.
These meatballs are good all year long, of course, but I especially love meatball dishes in the fall and winter. They’re so cozy. Aaaaand, they even have a gluten free version.
So, I made a cheesy skillet dinner that is bursting with fresh ravioli and savory meatballs. You guys are going to love everything about this dish. Especially all the melty mozzarella cheese topping everything!
Meatball Casserole with Cheese Ravioli
- 1 pound refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 pound Casa meatballs
- 1 25 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh Mozzarella pearls
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
- While the ravioli is cooking, heat a deep 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs to the pan, pour in the sauce and stir in the garlic. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the meatballs are warmed through.
- Stir the cooked ravioli into the skillet with the meatballs and sauce. Stir gently to coat the ravioli in the sauce.
- Top with the mozzarella pearls. Turn the heat to low, cover, and let sit for 3 minutes or until the mozzarella has melted.
- Serve immediately, topped with the grated Parmesan and basil.
Lucky you! Casa is giving away an awesome prize pack! Enter in the widget below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Huge thanks to Casa for sponsoring this recipe! As always, all opinions are my own.