This skillet cookie is loaded with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and caramel for an irresistible family treat that is made right in one skillet for easy cleanup! No mixer required!
I’m back with another blog hop featuring Hershey’s Kisses chocolates and Reese’s Peanut Butter cups! So many fun holiday treats to share! You can find links to all of the goodies below my recipe for this ooey, gooey, chocolate caramel skillet cookie!
Mom confession: I know that, as a parent, I’m supposed to be really good about letting my kids help in the kitchen. Honestly, I should probably be awesome about it considering that food is how I earn a living and that I homeschool, so it’s my job to teach these little people how to be functioning adults.
The truth, though? I hate it. Kids in the kitchen is just not my thing.
They’re in my way and they’re slow and they constantly ask to lick things.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I let them help. I just have to mentally prepare myself for it. I don’t like the surprise can I help with dinner attacks. Dinner time is hard enough without little people running under my feet and asking to squirt ketchup all over everything.
So, I psyche myself up for baking with the kids as often as possible, because I know they love it. This Skillet Cookie was the perfect kids in the kitchen project! It’s easy, there is stirring, which we all know is the best part of cooking if you’re a child, and it makes one gigantic cookie. Who doesn’t love gigantic cookies?
The best part? Everyone grabbing a spoon and digging in together! Who needs plates? The kids’ germs are already all up in the cookie anyway. You may as well just embrace it at this point.
I used three kinds of Hershey’s Kisses chocolates for this recipe. Original milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and caramel filled kisses are loaded up in this easy recipe. This recipe is adapted from Sophistimom. I love that she created a cookie with no mixer or extra bowls needed. I’ve changed up her recipe by adding extra brown sugar, more vanilla, and cornstarch for an extra soft and chewy cookie. Like I said, this is an easy recipe that requires no mixer. Everything gets mixed up right in the 8-inch Cast Iron Skillet
for easy clean up, too! Don’t forget to top your cookie with loads of ice cream, hot fudge, and caramel sauce to make things extra delightful.
Hershey's Kisses Skillet Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In an 8-inch Cast Iron Skillet, heat the butter over low heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar with a wooden spoon. Let sit for 10 minutes to cool.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt to the skillet and gently stir with a wooden spoon. Your skillet will be a bit full, so stir gently to avoid spilling.
- Once the ingredients are combined well, stir in the Hershey's Kisses.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with ice cream and hot fudge, if desired.
Check out all of the other fabulous recipes below:
‘); // ]]>