Again with the fruit.
Someone stop me.
Or, actually, no. Please don’t. The fruit stuff is growing on me. It’s delicious and I don’t feel nearly as guilty eating thirteen scones that are full of raspberries as I do eating thirteen scones that are not full of raspberries.
I like not feeling guilty.
I made these scones rather large. Normally, I cut each circle of dough into eight scones, but mama was hungry, so I cut them into four.
Big mama scones.
Just the way God intended.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Scones
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups cold whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Extra sugar for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease two cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together first 6 ingredients. Pour in cream and stir until the flour mixture is moistened. Turn mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until everything is incorporated.
- Divide dough into three equal sized balls. Flatten dough into a seven inch circle (use your hands to flatten the dough out) and cut each dough circle into eight triangles. Place on cookie sheets about two inches apart.
- Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
- If freezing, place the unbaked scones on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove to a freezer bag and freeze until ready to bake. Place frozen scones on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Leave a Review