This Cuban sandwich recipe is one of my favorite ways to use pork shoulder! You can roast the pork just for these sandwiches, or you can just use leftover pulled pork!
Alright, guys. It appears that I have a problem.
I am utterly obsessed with pulled pork. It seems like every get-together we have, I’m serving pulled pork.
No one is even complaining because my pulled pork recipe is so freakin’ good. It’s topped with pickle slaw. What’s not to love?
I decide to bust myself outta my pulled pork rut, though. Time to change things up. Put away the barbecue sauce. Time to get your Cuban on.
I started with a Smithfield Boneless Netted Fresh Pork Shoulder Roast. This is my second year working with Smithfield to share recipes with you and I’m so happy to be able to partner with brands that I already use and love, like Smithfield! I hope that you guys love all of the creative recipes I’m cooking up for you with their products.
Anyway, the roast I started with is a boneless shoulder roast that was about 4 pounds. I just popped it in the slow cooker with some orange juice and seasonings, covered it, and let it cook all day. Easy to the peasy.
The pork is so dang tender and juicy when it’s done cooking. And the flavor from the OJ is divine. You’re going to love this pork!
Once the pork is shredded, you’ll add it to some Hawaiian rolls along with some deli ham, swiss cheese, dill pickles, and a creamy mixture of mayo and mustard. You guys, these sandwiches are everything.
I served these to my husband, my brother-in-law, and his wife. The four of us devoured all 12 sliders in record time Luckily, we had plenty of leftover pulled pork to use to make more sandwiches! So dang good. I really think you’ll like these little guys just as much as we do.
Wondering what to do with your leftover pulled? Make this pulled pork enchilada skillet!
For the pork:
- 4 pound Smithfield Boneless Netted Fresh Pork Shoulder Roast
- 1 cup pulp-free orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
For the sandwiches:
- 12 Hawaiian rolls split
- 12 thin slices deli ham
- 12 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 12 pickle slices
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- To make the pork, add the orange juice to a 6 quart slow cooker. Stir together the dry ingredients and rub into the pork. Place pork in orange juice, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When pork is finished cooking, shred with two forks.
- To assemble sandwiches, place bottom halves of rolls in a 9x13 baking dish. Top each roll with a spoonful of pulled pork, folded slice of ham, folded slice of cheese, and a pickle.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and mustard. Spread evenly between sandwiches. Top with other half of sandwich rolls.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder until combined. Spoon liquid evenly over the tops of all the sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven to 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Leave a Review