Funfetti Cake Waffles

12 years ago today my life drastically changed. There was a baby. And he was mine. And I had to, like, take care of him and stuff.

It was crazy, man. It still is crazy, if we’re being honest.

12 years of being a mama. It’s an amazing thing.

12 years with the absolute sweetest little boy I’ve ever met. I’m always telling people what a great kid he is, but I don’t think they fully get it. Really, you guys, GREATEST KID EVER.

I love him to pieces, is what I’m trying to say.

So, to make his birthday extra special, I served him up some Funfetti Cake Waffles for breakfast. With a big blob of ice cream and a healthy drizzle of chocolate syrup, natch.

His day is off to a pretty good start.

Happy Birthday, Elijah. Love you always, no matter what.

PrintPrintSaveSave

Funfetti Cake Waffles

Cake mix waffles are a fun twist on dessert, but serving them for a birthday breakfast makes the day that much more special!

Ingredients:

1 box Funfetti Cake Mix
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs

Directions:

Mix together the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl until well combined.
Drop 2 1/2 ice cream scoops of the cake batter into a preheated Belgian waffle iron and cook for three minutes. Use less cake batter if you're using a smaller waffle iron.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

31 Responses to “Funfetti Cake Waffles”

1. Cookbook Queen April 11, 2012 @ 8:49 am (#

You are the best mom ever. Will you be my mom too? I want ice cream and sprinkle waffles for breakfast!!!

2. Larissa April 11, 2012 @ 9:12 am (#

How fun is this! Almost a good enough reason to pull out the waffle iron!

3. Veronica @ Café con Leche April 11, 2012 @ 9:21 am (#

i am drooling over these!!! yum you’re son is so lucky! ;)

4. Averie @ Averie Cooks April 11, 2012 @ 9:58 am (#

Wow, these look fabulous. Mom of the Month award for these!

And your last post, those crackers, really want to try them! Have seen similar on Pinterest. They look so addicting!

5. sally @ sallys baking addiction April 11, 2012 @ 11:12 am (#

Karly, i just found your website. it’s simply adorable! and i love the name ;)

these waffles are such a wonderful way to start the day on a birthday! or any day, really. i love funfetti anything. funfetti cookies, pancakes, blondies, fudge, you name it. i can’t get enough sprinkles :)

6. Hannah April 11, 2012 @ 11:42 am (#

Talk about greatest mom ever. That is probably the most legitimate way to eat cake for breakfast, make it a waffle!

7. Erin April 11, 2012 @ 1:52 pm (#

So in love.

8. angela April 11, 2012 @ 4:49 pm (#

i just bought a box of funfetti because it was on sale, i see cake/waffles for bkfst in my near future :-)

9. Mandy April 11, 2012 @ 6:55 pm (#

Ohhh those look awesome. I could probably eat all of them !!!!!!!

I love making funfetti panckaes for my 2 munchkins!

10. what katie's baking April 11, 2012 @ 9:40 pm (#

aww you’re an awesome momma!
    love these!!!

11. Becky April 12, 2012 @ 8:48 am (#

So cute … and festive!! I passed this recipe along to my brother, the waffle master in our family, so he can make them while we visit ;)

12. Michelle April 12, 2012 @ 10:00 am (#

This looks Amazing! I would love it if you shared this at my link party (first one ever) http://www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a great day.

Hugs,
    Michelle

13. Joanne April 12, 2012 @ 7:29 pm (#

Happy birthday, Elijah! PS – you just won best mom of the year award.

14. Kayleigh April 26, 2012 @ 9:23 pm (#

Love your blog – these look AMAZING!

15. Naimah September 14, 2012 @ 5:51 am (#

LOVE your recipes and photography! I shared this post on FB. :)

16. Michelle September 19, 2012 @ 10:01 am (#

Making these tomorrow for my youngest kiddo’s birthday!!

17. Issac September 30, 2013 @ 12:17 am (#

Of course, you can still make traditional albums and consider
    integrating your digital scrapbook designs into them.
    It is always essential to secure a digital piano that
    will match your own home. This might lead to apply gigs anywhere they can, and a piano keyboard
    that weighs no much more than ten kilos, carrying it from 1 place
    to an additional is not a a issue.

18. Jeanne October 23, 2013 @ 5:42 pm (#

Take photos of the rooms or spaces that you want to concentrate on; this
    will help visualize the items and colors in combination with the space.

Quite a lot of superior digital piano bench models
    are on hand for less than one hundred dollars, these benches are ample for the majority user’s wants and
    will last for years to come. Just in case you require a replacement, there are actually numerous bench colors and also leg styles
    available to select the one that matches your preferences.

1. Pingback: Friday Fun!! Friday Fun!!

2. Pingback: 5 idéer för våffeljärnet | I gott sällskap

3. Pingback: 100+ Cake Mix Recipes - Something Swanky

4. Pingback: 50 Pancake and Waffle Recipes - Growing Up Gabel

5. Pingback: Waffle Bar and Waffle Cake Ideas

6. Pingback: Cake Mix Soft Pretzels - Crazy for Crust

7. Pingback: Recipes With Sprinkles - Love From The Oven

8. Pingback: 20 Breakfast Recipes to Start Your Day - your homebased mom

9. Pingback: Buns In My Oven » Liege Waffles with Nutella and Strawberries

10. Pingback: 5 faves - Friday 2 May - Seven Second Rhapsody

11. Pingback: Family Home Evening Lesson | Because She is a Mother

12. Pingback: mother’s day treats!

13. Pingback: Confetti Cake Recipes That Guarantee A Party In Your Mouth | Gymrat Fitness