Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe Dip
Slow cookers and dip go together like peas and carrots. I mean, right?
I’ve been so into my slow cooker this year. My only complaint is that it’s hard to get things done when the house is full of delicious smells! Lucky for me, it’s really not a problem with this dip. I mean, I can sneak a bite anytime I want and no one will ever know!
I’m teaming up with the American Dairy Association Mideast to bring you this easy dip that is perfect for a slowcooker, but can also be made quickly right on the stove top!
I went on a trip and toured some dairy farms with the ADA Mideast back in October and it was so amazing to see just where our milk and dairy products come from. I was amazed at how clean the farms were (seriously…I expected it to stink and be surrounded in flies, but that was not the case AT ALL.) and how friendly the farmers were. You could see that the cows were really taken care of!
Anyway, enough about that! Let’s talk about how the ADAMideast is teaming up with Feeding America to help folks out this holiday season. Feeding America can provide nine meals for each dollar donated. The American Dairy Association Mideast has partnered with 12 food bloggers from throughout the country to prepare a “Big Holiday Potluck,” and ADA Mideast will donate $1 to Feeding America for every “like,” comment or share each of the bloggers’ 12 recipes receive on its Facebook page between Dec. 6 and 13.
Today, more than 50 million people in America are food insecure. Of these, nearly 17 million (one in five) are children. These children have an increased risk of health and development issues, including obesity and poor academic performance.
Dairy farmers are committed to the health and wellness of Americans, with an emphasis on child health, which includes addressing hunger and helping ensure every American has access to nutrient-rich foods, such as low-fat and fat-free milk and milk products. Join dairy farmers in Ohio and across the country in making sure everyone can enjoy a healthy meal this holiday season!
I think this is such a great opportunity to spread the love and help others this holiday season, and all you have to do is like, comment, or share a recipe! Easy peasy, guys!
Did you know that dairy foods are a tasty, convenient and cost-effective way to power up with protein? On average, one serving of milk, cheese or yogurt provides eight grams of high quality protein. This Sloppy Joe Dip is loaded with protein! It’ll keep your belly full and your mouth happy.
You can even turn this into sandwiches if you reduce the cream cheese by half. It’ll make for a thick, creamy sloppy joe that everyone will go nuts over.
Sloppy Joe Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 15 ounce can sloppy joe sauce (or make your own!)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- chips or crackers, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onions, and bell peppers until the meat is no longer pink. Drain the fat from the pan.
- If you'd like to continue this dip in a slow cooker, add the beef mixture, sloppy joe sauce, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese to a slow cooker set to low. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until cheese has melted. Stir before serving. Keep warm on the low or warm setting for serving.
- If you'd like to continue on the stovetop, add the sloppy joe sauce, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese to the pan with the beef mixture. Turn heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a slow cooker set to low or warm.
- Serve with chips or crackers.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2247kcal Calories from fat 1692|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 188g||289%|
|Saturated Fat 89g||445%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Before you go, be sure to check out the details for the ADAMideast Twitter Party!
This post was sponsored by the ADAMideast. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.