That’s totally not fair, right?
Someone needs to build a Cheesecake Factory a bit closer to our home so that I can enjoy it more.
Apparently, their Raspberry Lemonade is to die for. I’ve never actually tried it, but I came across this recipe on Pinterest and fell madly in love. It looked so sweet and red and just a bit thick from the raspberry purée.
I’ve made this a few times since I first saw the recipe. The first time I just drank it as is, without adding any extra water or other liquid (it was thick and delicious and what you see in the above photos), but the second time I added in some vodka. At 2pm on a Sunday afternoon. There is no rule written anywhere that says I can’t drink in the middle of the day.
Quit judging me.
The third time I made this I added an equal amount of Sprite to the lemonade. It was really fun and fizzy and a bit like a raspberry limeade.
Raspberry Lemonade (Cheesecake Factory Copycat)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Extra sugar for the rim of your glass
- Heat the sugar and water over medium heat, stirring often, in a small saucepan until the sugar has completely dissolved to make a simple syrup.
- Puree the raspberries in a blender or food processor and pour in the simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Add extra water (or Sprite, if you want it fizzy - but it won't be like Cheesecake Factory's recipe) to thin it out to the consistency and flavor that you like.
- Run a lemon slice around the rim of your glass, dip the glass in sugar, and serve with ice.
lightly adapted from The Sexy Knitter.