I’m not gonna lie. I was more than a little excited about all of your reactions to Chocolate Peanut Butter Week.
You guys like your chocolate peanut butter treats! Just like me! We must be soul mates! Want to get married? I’ll cook, you clean!
Actually, yes. Let’s do that. My current spousal situation doesn’t involve any teamwork in the cooking and cleaning department. Apparently, just because he works 70+ hours per week, he thinks I should take care of things on the home front.
He’s lame, you guys. I’d like to upgrade my husband to a wife. Any takers?
We can have these brownies in lieu of wedding cake. They are super rich, fudgy, and dense. The peanut butter swirl is purrrrrrfect. Like a peanut butter ball atop a brownie.
Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies
For the brownies:
For the peanut butter swirl:
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
To make the brownies:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
- Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour until well combined.
- Spread the batter into prepared pan (it will be very thick and sticky).
To make the peanut butter swirl:
- Stir together all of the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the filling over the brownie batter.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the mixture into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Cool completely.
Brownie recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour, Peanut Butter Swirl adapted from Martha Stewart