Chocolate cake batter is just as delicious as the ever popular birthday cake batter! These simple bars taste just like chocolate cake batter and since they’re slightly underbaked, they stay gooey and soft! The Rolo candies just take them over the top!
I know. You’re looking at these bars and you’re thinking, “Really? Brownies? Big deal.”
Y’all. These are not brownies.
I repeat, these are not brownies.
Also, what type of person would look at a brownie and think “big deal” anyway? A bad person. That’s who.
These bars are gooey, decadent bars made from a box of devil’s food cake mix. They taste like chocolate cake batter with big bites of melty caramel scattered throughout.
Basically, these are a really rich, chewy, gooey cake bar. You’re gonna want some milk. And a pair of stretchy pants. Also, probably some privacy, because if you attack these bars like I did, things could get embarrassing.
I love stupid simple desserts like this, don’t you?
Gooey Chocolate Caramel Bars
- 1 box devil’s food chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup Rolo candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 7x11 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the dry cake mix, melted butter, egg, and milk until well combined.
- Stir in the Rolo candies.
- Use an off-set spatula to spread the batter into the prepared pan. The batter will be very sticky and somewhat difficult to spread.
- Bake for 18 minutes exactly. The bars may look a bit underdone, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.