Have we met?
No? Let me introduce myself. My name is Karly. I write about food, mostly because it gives me an excuse to make a lot of food and then eat it. I am the least crafty person in the world.
I can not decorate a cake to save my life.
I will destroy your coloring book by coloring outside the lines or mixing markers and crayons in a horrible non-pretty way.
One time I tried to sew a dress for my daughter and no joke, my entire living room was covered in small pieces of fabric and sewing patterns. The dress didn’t happen.
I made cake pops once and every single one of them fell off the stick.
I don’t do crafts and I certainly don’t do crafty food.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let me show you what I did!
I made crafty food! I stuck a peeps heart on a stick, dipped it in chocolate, covered it in sprinkles, and created my daughter’s favorite new treat.
I’m feeling like a winner, you guys. Maybe I’ll go buy a pottery wheel and start making my own food props or something next. The world is my oyster.
Chocolate Covered Peeps Hearts
- 1 package Peeps Strawberry Hearts 9 hearts total
- 8 ounces chocolate candy coating
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 9 4-inch lollipop sticks
- Melt the candy coating in a tall glass that is just wide enough for the hearts to fit in. Stir in the vegetable shortening to thin out the candy coating.
- Dip one stick into the chocolate, about 1/4 inch deep. Push the chocolate end of the stick into the point of the heart peep.
- Dip the heart into the chocolate coating to coat. Shake off the excess. Add sprinkles as desired and lay flat on a sheet of waxed paper to dry.
Stop by and enter to win a $50 Visa gift card!
linked to Taste and Tell Thursday