So, I haven’t mentioned our little (big) move to Nebraska lately, have I?
What? Only every other day? Well. It’s still a big deal in my mind, k?
Anyway, good news! My mama and daddy are coming for a visit! They’ll be here all weekend and I’m so excited to see them.
I bought all new bath towels and sheets for their arrival. I mean, I’m sorry, but you don’t use shredded bath towels that have been washed 8,000 times when you have house guests, even if the guests are your parents. I probably won’t go so far as to clean the bathtub for them though. That’s the worst job ever. I’m better at buying shiny new things than I am at cleaning old, dirty things.
So, anyway, enough about that. Let’s talk about these little ball o’ goodness, shall we?
I am absolutely obsessed with refrigerated crescent roll dough. It’s such a good base for pretty much anything. I usually roll everything up in the dough and cut them into pinwheels, but this time I wanted to do something a little more fun. I wrapped everything up in a neat little package that just explodes in your mouth.
These are full of bacon, cream cheese, cheddar, and jalapeno for a nice little kick. We had these for lunch along with a salad, but they’d make a fun snack too. They’re a little big for an appetizer, but you could certainly make a mini version! You’ll love how easy these are to throw together.
Whatever your plans are for this weekend, I hope they include copious amounts of bacon, cheese, and crescent roll dough.
Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Bombs
- 1 package crescent roll sheet
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 slices bacon fried crispy and diced
- 3 tablespoons diced jalapenos I used the "tame" kind from a jar, adjust for your preference
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the crescent roll sheet on a clean work surface. (Pinch the seams together if you have the regular dough for making rolls instead of the single sheet.) Slice the dough in half lengthwise and then cut each half into fourths to make 8 even pieces of dough.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, bacon, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Place a heaping spoonful of the cheese mixture in the center of each square of dough. Fold up the corners of the dough and press the seams together to seal.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until the crescent dough is lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.