These Buffalo Chicken topped waffle fries are loaded with spicy chicken, ranch dressing, and gobs of cheese for a delicious twist on Irish Nachos.
You guys, I’ve been in a funk. A french fry funk.
It’s kind of an awesome place to be really. All I want are fries. And more fries. And also? Could I have an order of fries, please?
I’m a little addicted to Alexia’s baked fries (this isn’t sponsored…I just love their product!) and we’ve been eating them probably a bit too often. I love that you can just pop them in a hot oven and they turn out just as good as a fried french fry. A little different than fried, obviously, but just as good.
Anyway, I have a bag of waffle fries that is bigger than my 8 year old child, so I’ve been putting it to good use. Waffle fries for every meal of the day, kids! Dig in!
I got a leeeeeetle bit tired of dipping them in ketchup, so I went ahead and topped them with all the good things in life. Roasted chicken drowned in a buttery, spicy wing sauce, handfuls of freshly grated cheddar and mozzarella, a generous drizzle of cool ranch dressing, and a sprinkling of chives, just for fun.
Ugh. These fries. They should be illegal.
Buffalo Chicken Waffle Fries
- Waffle Fries enough for a single layer on a sheet pan
- 1 cup roasted chicken rotisserie works great, so does this freezer shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce more to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 handful grated cheddar cheese
- 1 handful grated mozzarella cheese
- Ranch dressing for drizzling
- Chives for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (or according to the package of your waffle fries).
- Spread fries in a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake about 20 minutes, or as directed on the package.
- While fries are baking, add the hot sauce and butter to a medium skillet and cook over low heat until the butter has melted. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Taste and add more hot sauce if desired.
- When fries are finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and drop spoonfuls of the chicken over the fries. Top with both cheeses. Return to the oven for five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.