French Dip Sandwich
These slow cooker French dip sandwiches will just melt in your mouth! They’re so easy to toss together in the morning and you’ll come home to a delicious smelling house and the most amazing French dip sandwich ever!
Alright, friends who work from home. Let’s talk about the slow cooker.
How? How do you survive it? I mean, don’t get me wrong. I super love how easy it is to toss things in there in the morning. I love what comes out of it at dinner time. It’s the in-between that I can’t deal with.
An hour after it’s started, I’m drooling. My house smells so good all day long and it’s pure torture.
What I love about this recipe:
It’s easy. You open up a couple of cans of soup, toss ’em in your slow cooker, add a hunk of meat, and walk away. The hardest part of the whole thing is using a can opener. Which, if you find that hard, you should maybe order take out.
It‘s so tender! The meat literally falls apart when you try to remove it from the crockpot. It’s juicy and it’s tender and it couldn’t be more perfect.
The dipping sauce is outrageous. I recommend adding the liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan and cooking it until it reduces by half. It really amps up the flavor in the sauce and makes it perfect for dipping your whole sandwich in.
Be sure to PIN THIS RECIPE to save it for later! It’s so good, you don’t want to lose it! 🙂
Alright, guys! Give this one a shot and report back. I’m eager to hear if your family loves this one as much as mine does!
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) Beef Consomme
- 3-4 pounds beef chuck roast
- 8 sandwich rolls
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Place the roast in a slow cooker. Pour the soup and consomme over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove 3 cups of the juice from the slow cooker with a measuring cup or ladle and add to a small sauce pan. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce to a hard simmer and let cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to a pie plate and shred with a fork.
- Place the sandwich rolls in a 9x13 pan and spoon meat into each roll. Top with provolone cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with the sauce on the side for dipping.
More slow cooker favorites!
Products Featured in this Post:
(may include affiliate links)