Hot Fudge Sundae Oreo Brownies

Hot Fudge Sundae Oreo Brownies recipe

My husband came home from a week of fishing with the boys and one of the first things he said to me was, “Did you know that Oreo Brownies are disgusting?”

I blinked at him for a second or two. I tried to process the words he was saying. I scratched my head in confusion. Finally, I got it. He wanted me to bake him a treat.

“Fine,” I said. “I accept.”

“Accept what?”

“Your challenge! To create an oreo brownie that you like. I accept.”

Sure, he might not have known he was asking me to make him a yummy treat, but subconsciously, deep down, that’s what he wanted.

Hot Fudge Sundae Oreo Brownies recipe

The brownie that I had to beat was just a prepackaged Oreo brand brownie from the gas station. I wasn’t scared, but I decided to pull out the big guns anyway.

Brownie mix, cookies ‘n cream ice cream, hot fudge sauce, and Oreos. All mixed up and then baked. My husband had a stroke when he discovered that the ice cream was in the baked brownie. “But…but…isn’t that just milk then? I mean, it melted!”

Just milk? No. Ice cream is milk and sugar and cream and eggs and all manner of rich, delicious things. It shared that richness with the brownies and the hot fudge added this extra chocolatey burst and the Oreo cookies stayed right where I put them with a softened cookie and that delicious layer of cream filling.

So, yeah. I totally won that challenge.

Hot Fudge Sundae Oreo Brownies recipe

Hot Fudge Sundae Oreo Brownies

Ingredients

• 1 box Brownie Mix for a 9x13 pan
  • eggs & oil (as called for by the brownie mix)
  • 6 oz. Cookies & Cream ice cream
  • 1/4 Cup hot fudge sauce
  • 12-15 Oreo cookies

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the back of the package, omitting the water or milk called for on the box. Mix in the ice cream and hot fudge sauce.
  3. Spread half of the brownie batter in a parchment lined 9x13 baking dish. The mixture will be very thick. Lay out the Oreos to cover the brownie batter. Pour remaining batter over the top of the Oreo cookies carefully so that you are covering each Oreo cookie.
  4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. These will stay nice and chewy for up to a week if you keep them tightly covered.
Hot Fudge Sundae Oreo Brownies recipe

Recipe from Kevin & Amanda.

29 Responses to “Hot Fudge Sundae Oreo Brownies”

1. Barbara September 5, 2011 @ 6:12 am (#

I bet you won that contest hands down. Cookies and Cream ice cream in the cookie? Lovely!

2. Megan September 5, 2011 @ 6:59 am (#

I have nothing against Oreos, and nothing against brownies. And I most CERTAINLY have nothing against Hot Fudge Sundae Oreo Brownies. These look too good to be true.

3. shelly (cookies and cups) September 5, 2011 @ 7:53 am (#

Well those look just about perfect.
    You killed that challenge ;)

4. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust September 5, 2011 @ 8:43 am (#

Holy COW these look awesome. I love that there is ice cream in the mix. I’m totally going to try this recipe. :)

5. Christina September 5, 2011 @ 9:22 am (#

You are my hero. These look awesome. I’m going to bake some up and mail them to my sister.

6. Joanne September 5, 2011 @ 11:35 am (#

We, as food bloggers, need to form some kind of union against those gas station baked goods. They’re giving us all a bad name.

7. Rivki Locker September 5, 2011 @ 7:42 pm (#

That technique (adding ice cream to the batter) is so crazy and so innovative. I just have to try it!

8. Sasha @ The Procrastobaker September 6, 2011 @ 12:53 am (#

WHAT a recipe! That is ingenious and everything that is good in the world rolled into one brownie, gorgeous!

9. Amy @ A Little Nosh September 6, 2011 @ 9:09 am (#

I just want to know how, exactly, are the Oreo brownies he had disgusting? They’re chocolate! And Oreo! Hellooo!

10. what katie's baking September 6, 2011 @ 2:01 pm (#

oh my gosh.. seriously?? are these real life??

11. grace September 10, 2011 @ 1:03 pm (#

challenge met, clearly. these are great, karly, and so easy!

12. nicole September 16, 2011 @ 9:01 pm (#

wow these look amazing!!!!

13. debby September 18, 2011 @ 3:26 pm (#

While it is true, I did just stumble onto you via another site, I have marked you as a favorite after seeing all the deliciousness you’ve offered up! Thanks for the chance to win a donut machine…I can’t imagine anything better than having my very own DONUT machine!!

14. Beth Michelle October 4, 2011 @ 1:46 am (#

oh WOW. These look sinful. I dont even know what else to say. Im to busy starring at these photos.

15. Ali October 4, 2011 @ 5:28 am (#

Wow, the brownies look so good. Adding ice cream totally nailed it. I definitely will have to make your Oreo brownies.

16. Lauren @ hey, who cut the cheese? October 4, 2011 @ 2:53 pm (#

These look ridiculously good!! I’ll definitely have to try these out.

17. kaelyn harm October 22, 2011 @ 11:14 am (#

i made these this morning!! my house smells AMAZING!!

18. PATTTTTY! December 2, 2011 @ 5:43 pm (#

Do you have to refridegrate these at all?

19. Alix December 31, 2011 @ 4:45 pm (#

I made these today, to bring to a party tonight, and they are heavenly! I had to replace the fudge sauce with melted chocolate chips, but it still turned out fabulously. Yum!

20. Jaclyn July 16, 2012 @ 9:42 pm (#

I’ve tried some of your recipes before. Gotta do this one. Went to the store and got Oreos and the ice cream, but forgot hot fudge. I have regular chocolate sauce. Do you think that would work?

• Karly replied: — July 17th, 2012 @ 3:07 pm

@Jaclyn,

I do think it would work, but I haven’t tried it, so no promises. Hot fudge is thicker than the syrup, but I don’t think it’d be a problem.

• Jaclyn replied: — July 17th, 2012 @ 7:56 pm

@Karly, I ended up finding the hot fudge. My mom had been sure we had it so eventually I found it. The brownie is delicious, but the creme ended up cooking pretty hard. The flavor’s fine, but I don’t like the texture now. Any ideas why it happened?

21. randy December 8, 2013 @ 8:23 pm (#

what is the purpose of using cookies and cream ice cream?

The center of the oreo doesn’t melt????

Randy

• Karly replied: — December 8th, 2013 @ 10:22 pm

@randy,

You could use any flavor ice cream. :)

22. my annual credit report September 7, 2014 @ 9:47 pm (#

As you are capable to observe, with some of the best reverse
    phone lookup services obtainable at your disposal, running a reverse lookup on any landline or
    cell phone number is quite simple. Some may decide
    only degree seeking students credit may be accepted, while others will continue to fight the growing demand for credit based free online courses.
    In fact, it is quite cheap for you to obtain a credit report.

1. Pingback: Crazy for Crust: Ice Cream Cookies {Butterfinger Style}